Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Donor milk

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM
  • 20 Replies
Well, i have totally grossed out my dh and stepson ! Im having problems with my supply and have been supplementing with formula. Past 2 days, its been more formula and my dd has been spitting up . I was talking to my sister about it and she came up with a win win! Two of my nieces are also bf and have more than they need so they are giving it to me ! I think its awesome but my dh just wont talk about it and says we are wierd. Both my nieces are healthy, no drugs, drinking or smoking etc..
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome. Tell your husband it's normal for humans to drink human milks and weird for them to drink processed powder out of a can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Hey you could have gotten donor milk from a total stranger. Egads! :)

K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM

That's great!

What's going on with your supply?  Maybe we can help you get it back up.

turttlemom
by Nayelli on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM

You are not weird... It is great you can count with your own niece to be your DD donor.

momalee40
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Quoting K8wizzo:

That's great!

. Its a long story... My dd has Down Syndrome and was unable to latch at first so have been trying to keep up supply w pumping. I dont always get to pump as often as I should. She is 5 wks and also not gaining well. She doesnt tolerate straight formula. She is taking bottle well. Im taking supplements, eating oatmeal, etc.. going to have my thyroid checked today to rule that out....ugh ! Just alot !
SadieJames
by Sarah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Milk sharing is awesome! I donate and would gladly give my dd donor milk above formula.  Have the men drink an entire bottle of formula then they can talk ; )

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

That's wonderful that you have people close willing to donate you their extra! 

BabyFruit Ticker

K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

ahh... right.  I remember you now.  You're doing all that you can.  I'm glad you have help!

Quoting momalee40:

Quoting K8wizzo:

That's great!

. Its a long story... My dd has Down Syndrome and was unable to latch at first so have been trying to keep up supply w pumping. I dont always get to pump as often as I should. She is 5 wks and also not gaining well. She doesnt tolerate straight formula. She is taking bottle well. Im taking supplements, eating oatmeal, etc.. going to have my thyroid checked today to rule that out....ugh ! Just alot !

momalee40
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Quoting K8wizzo:

. Just came back from the LC. Dd still isnt back to birth weight even w supplementing. She takes 2 to 2.5 oz every 2-3 hrs, its about half and half. She is doing great developmentally but just not gaining.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Have they checked her for lip and tongue ties, high palate, heart defect? These things can make weight gain difficult by making her work too hard to transfer milk from whatever source.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)