Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

why does she eat alllll night?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
  • 31 Replies
My dd is 11 weeks today and for about the last few weeks I've noticed she eats all night! We co sleep but I'm still waking up every hour to switch sides =( I'm exhausted!! I can't nap during the day since I have a 2 & 5 yo and the baby won't even take a paci.. How do I fix this?? Please help ladies
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds normal. She may be doing through a growth spurt. Mine is 10 months and still nurses 2-3 times a night.

Analugojana
by Christine on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM

You can't really "fix" it. What she's doing is NORMAL. It's probably a growth spurt and she lets your body know to make more milk. Know that it won't last forever. Probably a week max. She's right around ithe age things will start to settle a bit (after 12 weeks). You are doing a great job and it is exhausting but belive it will get better. Nap when kids

Nap during the day. ((hugs))

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Totally normal. You just have to wait for it to pass. Sorry I understand. I've had 4 all night eaters.
mamabear1111
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I thought it was a growth spurt when it started around 6 weeks but she's just kept going, and some nights are worse than others : (like last night! Fell asleep @11 woke up at 1230, 200am, then at 340 and had a blow out at 410 so the diaper/clothes change kept her awake until now 6am and she's still fighting!! with 4 older kids my days start at 630am so I feel like I get no time in between there's always something that needs to be done....oops sorry for the melt down lol oh the joys of being a mommy

Quoting Analugojana:

You can't really "fix" it. What she's doing is NORMAL. It's probably a growth spurt and she lets your body know to make more milk. Know that it won't last forever. Probably a week max. She's right around ithe age things will start to settle a bit (after 12 weeks). You are doing a great job and it is exhausting but belive it will get better. Nap when kids

Nap during the day. ((hugs))

Paradys
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
My 3 yr old still wakes me up on a similar schedule. She needs to be covered back up, she needs to go potty, she had a dream, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabear1111
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
This is all new to me, my older 4 were all night sleepers from day 1. Baby #5 has had a few minor hiccups since birth so I feel like I haven't slept since she was born! How long did the all night eating last with your babies?

Quoting norahsmommy:

Totally normal. You just have to wait for it to pass. Sorry I understand. I've had 4 all night eaters.

Clemency3
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I am not an expert at this at all but an idea that came to my mind was maybe you could pump a bottle or two and that way your SO can help out in the middle of the night. is that not an option? and maybe not every night but like every other or so?

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
A year :(. Sorry, I know that sounds daunting. My kids all got up every hour to eat ( at least) for about 8 months and it tapered off to about 4-5 times by a year. They would get up 2-4 times a night until about 2 and then started sleeping all night. My ds is 14 months and still gets up 2-4 times a night.

Quoting mamabear1111:

This is all new to me, my older 4 were all night sleepers from day 1. Baby #5 has had a few minor hiccups since birth so I feel like I haven't slept since she was born! How long did the all night eating last with your babies?

Quoting norahsmommy:

mamabear1111
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I have pumped milk stored in the freezer but still haven't found a bottle she likes. We've tried the tomee tipee, nuk, avent, and a similac bottle I got at the baby shower none of them work for her so right now that is not an option for us =(

Quoting Clemency3:

I am not an expert at this at all but an idea that came to my mind was maybe you could pump a bottle or two and that way your SO can help out in the middle of the night. is that not an option? and maybe not every night but like every other or so?

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM

It gets better.  I have a 4 month old still up at least once to nurse.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)