Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does your newborn grunt ?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 12 Replies

my 3.5 week old really grunts when sleeping. Sounds like a grown man grunting sometimes its so loud.

Its definitely not breathing grunting difficulty. He squirms and grunts and settles and squirms and grunts and settles. Though, sometimes, i really think he wakes himself up by grunting, and then at those time he is not settled, more angry that he is awake. I thought is was gas, but its not really followed by burps or farts- just more grunting.

Its worse early in the morning/super late at night, but happens in the afternoon too.

Sounds uncomfortable to listen to, but wondering if some babies are just loud grunters or if i need to look into this as well?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Yup. Usually followed by a fart that would make an old man blush.
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Mine was a grunter.  A BIG grunter when poo is involved....heck, she's 3 months old and still grunts.  I love it.  

Yogamom08
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM
My girl is 3 weeks 2 days and she does the same at around the same time as your baby
KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
All three of mine did, completely normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HunnyBabie
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I don't remember any of mine grunting, persay; however, one of mine snored like an old man.  It was kind of funny.  He didn't seem to be having any difficulty, he just breathed noisily (sometimes very noisily) while he was sleeping deeply.  He woke himself up sometimes; also angry at being awake (seemed to think it was my fault lol).

I don't THINK that it's a medicaly problem, but if you're worried, def talk to a dr.  You also might try Googling it or looking it up on WebMD to get more info???

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Not a medical problem. Just normal newborn stuff.
Steph925
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM
My 3 week old makes all kinds of noises all the time.
MarleneAlexis
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM
My baby was a grunter also and I heard all kinds of stuff like of maybe he doesn't feel we'll maybe his going to the bathroom is he ok ?? But now he is almost ten weeks and he doesn't do it as much I think it's normal nothing was ever wrong
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Grunter, farter, burper...you name it, they've done it.  :)

ckroch
by Colleen on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Luke is 3 1/2 weeks old too! And very much a grunter!!
Have you checked out the April 2013 babies group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)