Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

:( blood yet again ..

bwsmommy
Lost my Aunt this week and a dear friend to cancer - a loving mom of two .. life just isnt all its cracked up to be ...
Friday at 11:10 PM
Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 10 Replies
so right before ds's 2 month shots .. his poops were almost normal and the colic was gone !! however after his shots his stools have been getting worse and worse .. i was also on antibotics at the same time of the shots.. we are now about 6/7 weeks post shots .. and theres blood in his diapers again ..
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwsmommy
Lost my Aunt this week and a dear friend to cancer - a loving mom of two .. life just isnt all its cracked up to be ...
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM
i should add ive taken all milk and soy out of my diet .. so now im wondering if its not other allergens :( that im missing .. dh even said maybe we should put him on elecare :( .. and i told him either way it will take atleast 6 weeks for him to get better ...
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
How long have you been off of dairy and soy?
GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Could this be a reaction to his vaccinations?  (Maybe the gals in one of the Vacc or Anti-Vacc Groups could give you a better idea)?

Sorry you're little one's having problems.  What does your Pedi say about the blood in his stool?

bwsmommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM
its been over 2 months now all dairy and soy even hidden - i fix all my meals . he cleared up and has started again .. i also make sure i dont really vary from the main foods i eat .

Quoting Junebaby18:

How long have you been off of dairy and soy?
bwsmommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM
the first time we agreed (dr and i ) it was mspi .. weve been dealing with this since he was around 4/5 weeks old and hes now 15 weeks .. :( i just thought we were doing sooo good and then bam it starts all over again .. :(

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Could this be a reaction to his vaccinations?  (Maybe the gals in one of the Vacc or Anti-Vacc Groups could give you a better idea)?

Sorry you're little one's having problems.  What does your Pedi say about the blood in his stool?

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

6-7 week after his shots?? I wouldn't think the shots had anything to do with blood in his stools at all. I would lean more toward a dairy allergy.  If something is going to happen after vaccinations, 10 days afterward is usually the cut-off.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Ok, just read the comments and saw that you're dairy free.  Is it possible that you missed dairy in something and it slipped through?

Quoting jackiewal10:

6-7 week after his shots?? I wouldn't think the shots had anything to do with blood in his stools at all. I would lean more toward a dairy allergy.  If something is going to happen after vaccinations, 10 days afterward is usually the cut-off.

bwsmommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM
nope .. not at all . i make sure everything is free :( dh will not even go shopping with me because i take my time and read labels and even google items in the store ..the nasty stools started 24/48 hours after the shots and have just gotten worse until again there's blood with colic symptoms . im use to him crying and being clingy but tonight when the specks starting showing up again confirmed to me that somethings wrong .. all over again . i will add hes also drooling tons .. but i wouldnt think the drooling would have anything to do with it .. so im at a loss ... and im thinking ill have to limit myself even more (a more specific elemination diet) .

Quoting jackiewal10:

Ok, just read the comments and saw that you're dairy free.  Is it possible that you missed dairy in something and it slipped through?

Quoting jackiewal10:

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I would maybe get HIM tested for something else going on.  And I wouldn't (personally) give any more vaccines until you figure out what's going on.  I really doubt that almost 2 months later it is the actual vaccine that is affecting him, but it's possible that whatever caused the icky poops in the first place has just irritated him from the inside out all these weeks.

Do you consume caffeine?  Dark chocolate? Those were triggers for my first DS. Not anything like you're experiencing though.  And the drooling is probably teething.  He's 4 months now?  That's about the right age.  Teething can also cause diarrhea and other poop issues as well. Just FYI.

Quoting bwsmommy:

nope .. not at all . i make sure everything is free :( dh will not even go shopping with me because i take my time and read labels and even google items in the store ..the nasty stools started 24/48 hours after the shots and have just gotten worse until again there's blood with colic symptoms . im use to him crying and being clingy but tonight when the specks starting showing up again confirmed to me that somethings wrong .. all over again . i will add hes also drooling tons .. but i wouldnt think the drooling would have anything to do with it .. so im at a loss ... and im thinking ill have to limit myself even more (a more specific elemination diet) .

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting jackiewal10:

bwsmommy
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Hes 15 weeks or 3.5 months , and it took over a month to get his stools almost back on track when we discovered the MSPI as a matter of fact his stools had only been clear for about 2 weeks before he his shots however he has no rash this time like he did before .. I do drink caffeine which hes never seemed to have a problem with, though i can cut it out fairly easy as its only every other day. And no dark chocolate persay .. except enjoy life which is allergen free.. his next set of shots isnt until may . and i so need to correct my first post .. its 5/6 weeks i just looked =( i was off by a week .. but still close to the 6/7 week . I just dont want him to end up on formula like my other ds that had MSPI did .. Granted his weight has been good as he was 7 lbs 8ozs at birth lowest was 6lbs 15ozs and hes now 14lbs even .

Quoting jackiewal10:

I would maybe get HIM tested for something else going on.  And I wouldn't (personally) give any more vaccines until you figure out what's going on.  I really doubt that almost 2 months later it is the actual vaccine that is affecting him, but it's possible that whatever caused the icky poops in the first place has just irritated him from the inside out all these weeks.

Do you consume caffeine?  Dark chocolate? Those were triggers for my first DS. Not anything like you're experiencing though.  And the drooling is probably teething.  He's 4 months now?  That's about the right age.  Teething can also cause diarrhea and other poop issues as well. Just FYI.

Quoting bwsmommy:

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting jackiewal10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)