Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Confused

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 37 Replies

I am Due within the next couple weeks I want to breastfeed but I want to pump only is this possible?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Yes.  Here in this group it is referred to as EP or Exclusively Pumping.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes but I think it's harder. Why, if you don't mind?

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Sometimes. It's usually very difficult, and sometimes impossible to maintain.
mama123005
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM

This is all new to me I have 3 other children and this one due in a few weeks. I did not breastfeed with my other 3. This time I just wanted to try something different.  I have no problem with feeding the baby on the breast I just feel pressured not to bc of my friends and my fiance. They all say its wierd and I almost feel like im being looked down on or something.

GoodyBrook
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM
5 moms liked this

Any bit of breastmilk that you give them--from a bottle or from the tap--is better than none!

And your breastfeeding relationship with your child is NOT the business of your fiance or your "friends."  If they can't be supportive, you should tell them to maintain their silence.  Seriously!  Ensuring your child's health is complex enough without the added pressure of having disapproval all around you.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM
7 moms liked this

1. Secret of a happy marriage: Know when your husband is being stupid so you can ignore appropriately. Fair warning - it will be MOST of the time. **grin**

2. Friends get no say. Indeed, they're not friends if they have to butt in.

3. Look up the 101 Reasons to Breastfeed on promom.org; make your fiance read it. 

Exclusive pumping CAN be done but it's much harder to do. On the pump every two hours around the clock, always worried about keeping up... there are moms forced into it by circumstances beyond their control and I salulte them. But you've got a situation where you simply need to tell your fiance to get educated and your friends to mind their own business.

SadieJames
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:53 AM
9 moms liked this

I am only 3 1/2 months into breastfeeding and honestly, two years ago I thought it was "weird" too but I can promise you this: it is the most rewarding thing I have EVER done as a human being. I do it around everyone, in public with no cover.  My daughter deserves that of me.  I have had friends and family try to tell me things but honestly she and I are all that matter, and I am a better woman than I ever was for nursing her.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM
What she said!!! And when I was a FT working mom, there was nothing I hated more than pumping, well aside from being away from my baby, I did/do however love breastfeeding.

I couldn't imagine having to pump every 2 hours around the clock unless it was absolutely necessary to ensure my baby was getting breastmilk.

Quoting gdiamante:1. Secret of a happy marriage: Know when your husband is being stupid so you can ignore appropriately. Fair warning - it will be MOST of the time. **grin**2. Friends get no say. Indeed, they're not friends if they have to butt in.3. Look up the 101 Reasons to Breastfeed on promom.org; make your fiance read it. Exclusive pumping CAN be done but it's much harder to do. On the pump every two hours around the clock, always worried about keeping up... there are moms forced into it by circumstances beyond their control and I salulte them. But you've got a situation where you simply need to tell your fiance to get educated and your friends to mind their own business.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes BUT it's a pain in the ass. Really. It's twice as much work and time. I seriously felt like a cow when I had to pump for my first two sons. Eventually I just couldn't keep up the constant pumping and feeding my baby. I got Mastitis because I couldn't empty my breasts properly just pumping. Breastfeeding is easy; pull a boob put, latch baby, relax for 10-45. I am forced to take a break to cuddle with my youngest, it's awesome. I honestly didn't bond well with my older two but my connection with my youngest is stronger because of our nursing relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Honestly screw them. Your breasts, your choice, PERIOD! Never make decisions based on others ignorant opinions.

Quoting mama123005:

This is all new to me I have 3 other children and this one due in a few weeks. I did not breastfeed with my other 3. This time I just wanted to try something different.  I have no problem with feeding the baby on the breast I just feel pressured not to bc of my friends and my fiance. They all say its wierd and I almost feel like im being looked down on or something.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)