Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Advice from a gas station clerk...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 197 Replies
4 moms liked this

I stop in the gas station every weekday to get my hot chocolate mixed with decaf coffee.  This is my treat for the day.  The clerk there knows I have a young son (3 1/2 months).  He said the best relief his three babies got when they were teething was chewing on a mild Slim Jim.  Yes, you read correctly...a Slim Jim.  I said thanks for sharing this advice.  In my mind I'm thinking...there is no way in hell!  

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Wow... just wow!
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM
5 moms liked this
Sounds like something my parents would have done to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM
6 moms liked this
I once had a cable tv installer tell me about my then 6 month old: "this is a great age to take them to the movie theater! You just put Vicks under their eyes and then they can't open them because the fumes sting and then they sleep!"
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM
19 moms liked this
SAY WHAT??!! I would have kicked him out and called the company to send a non-child abuser to install the rest. Nut job!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I once had a cable tv installer tell me about my then 6 month old: "this is a great age to take them to the movie theater! You just put Vicks under their eyes and then they can't open them because the fumes sting and then they sleep!"

cupcake2819
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh my goodness!  That is even worse than the SlimJim advice...how horrible!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
7 moms liked this
My second son was gnawing on pepperoni sticks around a year old. Italian blooded kids. ;-). At 10 years old, he still prefers spicier foods. The sodium is too high for a regular treat and some brands have strange preservatives.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, just wow!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Julia.C
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM

what the hell!!!   slim jims and vicks...  people are nuts ... 

Quoting mostlymaydays:

CafeMom Tickers

---------------------------------

Mother Nurture Blog

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
19 moms liked this
And I was thinking it was a great age to take a baby to a movie theater because I could NURSE HIM TO SLEEP!!!

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Wow, just wow!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol, I was going to say the same thing in my comment, but DS woke to nurse so I cut it short. I think he had been to the movies 3 or 4 times by that age and never made a fuss, he was always sleeping at my breast. :-)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

And I was thinking it was a great age to take a baby to a movie theater because I could NURSE HIM TO SLEEP!!!

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Wow, just wow!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN