Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

FUSSY seven month old help!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

Baby and I have thrush right now but it doesn't look bad. Just one patch in his cheek. He also has what looks like a blister on the inside of each corner of the lip when I inspet. Not the gums but actual inside the lips. He is SO fussy constantly. He doesn't act like he has a cold. And isn't throwing up or having any poopie issues. Can thrush be this painful?? What could be the cause of blisters? 

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thrush can be very painful for babies? Are you treating both of you at the same time?
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Thrush can be very painful and cause blisters as well.
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM
really painful!!
my niece was crying nonstop because she was in so much pain.
what are you treating it with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WritingSpider
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Poor little Benji. :( I never knew it could cause so much distress. We both are being treated. Nystain cream and the liquid kind for baby.

Quoting Junebaby18:

Thrush can be very painful for babies? Are you treating both of you at the same time?

WritingSpider
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I'm releived to hear it can cause blisters. Wish it didnt but glad its likely nothing else on top of it.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Thrush can be very painful and cause blisters as well.

WritingSpider
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Ouch! Bless her heart. That is what Ben is doing too. We are treating me and him both with Nystain. Cream and liquid.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

really painful!!
my niece was crying nonstop because she was in so much pain.
what are you treating it with?

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Ditch the nystatin! It is known for actually making thrush worse because it contains sugar that feeds the yeast. Genetian violet, grapefruit seed extract, vinegar, and coconut oil are common over the counter treatments for thrush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WritingSpider
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I had heard of these but didn't know how to use them. Do you rub it on the area or is it something they swallow? 

Quoting aehanrahan:

Ditch the nystatin! It is known for actually making thrush worse because it contains sugar that feeds the yeast. Genetian violet, grapefruit seed extract, vinegar, and coconut oil are common over the counter treatments for thrush.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM
You can put it on your nipples right before nursing and treat both of you at the same time.

Quoting WritingSpider:

I had heard of these but didn't know how to use them. Do you rub it on the area or is it something they swallow? 

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WritingSpider
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Wow that's cool! And MUCH easier than what I was doing with the Nystain. He HATES getting it squirted into his cheek. Fussy baby PLUS ticked off baby = Migraine. Thanks so much for this! :) Which have you found works best?

Quoting aehanrahan:

You can put it on your nipples right before nursing and treat both of you at the same time.

Quoting WritingSpider:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)