Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Something is wrong (tmi)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
I don't know if it relates to nursing or not but I doubt it.

I've always had very regular periods. When pregnant I would have none. I didnt get them again until lo was 5 months old and they were regular again. They may have varied in intensity a bit, but pretty regular

Obviously it's too late tonight to call a doctor. I took two pregnancy tests a few days ago and one was busted and the other was negative.

Today I took another and it was negative. I don't remember exactly when my last cycle was, but its been at least a month and a half. Maybe more. I just can remember as far back as march 16th when we were in a car accident and I don't think I was on a cycle that day but I hadn't had one since then for sure and its fixing to be may.

Like I said. Dunno if its nursing related but I don't see why I would have a period for 8 months and suddenly not have one. I had a few days of an odd pink in the toilet paper but nothing that ever required a pad and it was so light I kept thinking my cycle was imminent but it just stopped

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Stress can alter your cycle. So can getting older. 

I'd check in with your doc in the AM.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

By the way... you forgot to fulfill the TMI requirements. Bank info or phone number. **grin** We look at poop pix here; period info is no big deal! 

parentalrights1
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I can show you poop if you want but I can take a while.

I don't drink water like I should lol.

I hope it's my age cuz I'm only 23 lol. I feel like I've been less stressed than normal though :/

Quoting gdiamante:

By the way... you forgot to fulfill the TMI requirements. Bank info or phone number. **grin** We look at poop pix here; period info is no big deal! 

sleepymommy87
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I didn't have a period for the first 11 months, then had one, then went three months then had another now it's been over two months and still no period. Honestly it can take a while to get back to regular periods, i personally wouldn't worry.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:47 AM
I use an app on my phone to keep track of when my last period was. I don't rely on the "prediction" of my next period because it just goes by averages, but just having the visual of the calendar helps.
It could be off due to many things. I agree with the suggestion to call the doctor in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN