Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Time to ween but how???

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM
  • 28 Replies
So I have an adorable 19 month old who is boob obsessed. Any suggestions on how to ween?
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Slowly. Start distracting and delaying. Cut put chunks of time every week or two.
outstandingLove
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

why do you want to wean?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Weaning is done by dropping a feeding a week till gone. Don't expect that to decrease the boob obsession, though. He'll probably be very uncooperative! You CAN set limits if he's making you nuts. Nurse when you're able to. Give him limits he can understand: "We'll nurse after Barney." Or something along those lines.

SadieJames
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I love that you always say Barney : ) is that show even on anymore? I was too old for it but the younger kids at the babysitters watched it and I secretly did too - I wanted to be on that show so bad : P

Quoting gdiamante:

Weaning is done by dropping a feeding a week till gone. Don't expect that to decrease the boob obsession, though. He'll probably be very uncooperative! You CAN set limits if he's making you nuts. Nurse when you're able to. Give him limits he can understand: "We'll nurse after Barney." Or something along those lines.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM

They don't tape it anymore but it's still on. My station airs it at 6:30 AM.

Quoting SadieJames:

I love that you always say Barney : ) is that show even on anymore? I was too old for it but the younger kids at the babysitters watched it and I secretly did too - I wanted to be on that show so bad : P

Quoting gdiamante:

katherine2127
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM
He's using my breast as a pacifier. He wakes up every morning around 3am yelling "MOMMY BOOBEYYYY"... It's very funny and makes me smile but I'm tired

Quoting outstandingLove:

why do you want to wean?

SadieJames
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Just checked - 3 am here lol.  

Quoting gdiamante:

They don't tape it anymore but it's still on. My station airs it at 6:30 AM.

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting gdiamante:

CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Go by the signs in the Farmers Almanac.  That's what my grandmother told me with my  23yo, and it worked wonderfully.   It goes easier when the signs are in the head and going down.  NEVER start when the signs are going up.

CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calendar/best-days/parenting/wean/
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Weaning may not fix that... He may just want water, or a cuddle instead. But, you can just Try night weaning if that's all that's bothering you.

Quoting katherine2127:

He's using my breast as a pacifier. He wakes up every morning around 3am yelling "MOMMY BOOBEYYYY"... It's very funny and makes me smile but I'm tired

Quoting outstandingLove:

why do you want to wean?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN