Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastmilk and Cradle Cap????

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

Has anyone actually tried putting breastmilk on cradle cap?  I know breastmilk is good for almost anything but just squirt it on, massage and comb??  Should I stop shampooing her hair as well?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thejohnsonhome
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

BUMP!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Never even thought of it. I.personally dont think shampoo is necessary. Some.alsonsay olive oil, i think almond oil or coconut oil may work too.
Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Don't know about breast milk but I use olive oil.  Just rub it on the rinse off.  Worked great for DS.

Analugojana
by Christine on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

We've used coconut oil. Rub it on, leave for 15 minutes and then rinse it off. Worked well.

Prinjenni
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM

try Mustella craddle cap foam shampoo for newborns and babies it worked great for me

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I've never tried breastmilk for cradle cap. I used coconut oil, left it on for a good 15 minutes, brushed off the scales with a soft toothbrush, then washed with mild natural soap. It never came back. I agree that shampooing isn't really necessary for babies. I shampoo my baby about 2-3 times a month. Same with our toddler. Of course, rinse and scrub the scalp well in between :)

Kahla11
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Bump

eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Aubrey had it bad, almost all her hair fell our. The only thing that worked was coconut oil. I let it sit for awhile and rinsed it off.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:17 AM

We tried that and everything else.  We found that the only thing that got rid of it was time.  My 5 year old's finally went away at about 3.5 year's old.  I'm still waiting for my 3 year old's to be gone.  However, they had it *really really really* bad.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I used my milk on my second's cradle cap. It didn't completely go away, but it helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)