Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody issues please help :-(

Posted by   + Show Post
My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 1 1/2. I can not take it anymore. We have been having issues since the beginning of our relationship. My daughter is almost 4 months. I am tired of doing everything on my own. He does not do nothing for her. Does not even hold her for 10min without me begging him. He is lazy do not want to spend time with us so we are always stuck in the house since do not have transportation. Even when we do he is always gone like he is now and when I ask to ride its a problem. He comes home plays his video games sleep and talk on the phone. I pay over half of the house bills. All of the household items I brought. And of course my daughter items was mostly me. When he does have money he spends it on people or unnecessary things. For example last week video games. I can not even buy for myself anymore.

Now when I can not take it anymore. He so want to serve me with some papers which he has not yet saying I can not leave with his child. he also has another child who is two and her my and I talk yesterday and told me she went through the same thing I went to. He does not do nothing for his older child either. I want to leave and go home I am from south Carolina but we are in Florida now. He has family and friends here and I have nothing. When he has a problem he always goes to his aunt but me no one to turn. My family is 9 hours away. I have help and support there.

When he gets mad he breaks things. We are in a new place and today he broke the door now I can not get my deposit back.

What can I do??? I want the best for daughter and I ??? I want to graduate and get my degree but I do not trust anyone watching my daughter family is best. I do not even trust him because he screams at her for just moving around. He has a anger issue.

His called me and told me somebody need to go before someone gets hurt and she hung up which was weird.

What are the Florida law for moving??? Will they stop me and yes his name is on the birth certificate?? Just want what's best!!!!

Sorry for venting
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Replies (51-53):
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Go home now and get a lawyer. Gl

by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM
If there's no formal custody agreement that she's violating, she can take/move her child wherever she wants, as could he.

And depending on the state, a primary custodial parent can still move outta state when there IS a custody agreement with proper notice to the other parent if the other parent doesn't file papers to stop them. Of course with no agreement, that's irrelevant in this case.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought without a formal custody arrangement, if mom runs with the baby the dad can charge her with kidnapping, the same as if he took off with the baby. Crossing state lines can get messy.

I'd find safe shelter ASAP and see a lawyer first thing Monday morning about an emergency petition for full custody.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Leave before he gets those papers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)