Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

AHHHHH SWIMWEAR...

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

hey mommas. ok this is my first summer breastfeeding and I am LOST. I know I will be swimming quit a bit (including a vacation in 3 weeks) so I need to find something that is milkymommafriendly. I deff dont have the body to rock a bakini so that is out of the picture lol.. Im just trying to find a way to stay as modest as possible without not enjoying the beach this year. so if anyone knows where to get swimwear for breast feeding please let me know. :)

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conweis
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Maybe a tankini with a tie top.
I am in the same boat as you. How old is your baby?
Meghan6391
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM

he is 4 months old, I have seen nursing suits before I just dont know where to get them. I dont really want something to untie and my other boob to be flopping away in the wind as I feed him lol. 

Quoting conweis:

conweis
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM
My baby is four months too. My old tankini had a loop and hook. I should pull it out of storage a try it out. I think if the suit is wet it should stick more to the body. Kwim?

Quoting Meghan6391:

he is 4 months old, I have seen nursing suits before I just dont know where to get them. I dont really want something to untie and my other boob to be flopping away in the wind as I feed him lol. 

Quoting conweis:

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM

any swimsuit is easy to nurse in as long as the top is low. They are stretchy. Just buy a speedo (too high of a neckline) and you'll be fine.

Koux
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Deep v-neck tankini, or strapless, that you can pull down or over (without the other side falling), or a tankini that you can pull up would work. I've also used a sports bra underneath a tankini, just pull the bra up and the tankini down. Sort of like the 2-shirt method, just with a swimsuit.

conweis
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM
http://www.healthandcare.co.uk/carriwell-range/carriwell-nursing-swimsuit.html
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Quoting conweis:

http://www.healthandcare.co.uk/carriwell-range/carriwell-nursing-swimsuit.html

This link doesn't work.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Tankinis are quite possibly the greatest swimsuit invention since Lycra! I've never liked bikinis in my life, and the problem with a one piece is going to the bathroom. What a NUISANCE! But with a tankini you only have to pull don the bottom. And for nursing, lift and latch!

I haven't nursed in 11 years. Still rely on tankinis!

melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Yep Tankinis! I'm sure you can pay out big money to somewhere for a "nursing swimsuit" but in over 3 years straight of nursing i just use a tankini and pull it down (i personally would rather show the top of my boob then my mama belly) If your not comfortable with that you can use a lightweight blanket as a cover or pull up the tankini.

MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I will be using a tankini
modesty is at the bottom of my list when it comes to nursing
after almost eight months, I just do it hehe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN