Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

hey mommas. ok this is my first summer breastfeeding and I am LOST. I know I will be swimming quit a bit (including a vacation in 3 weeks) so I need to find something that is milkymommafriendly. I deff dont have the body to rock a bakini so that is out of the picture lol.. Im just trying to find a way to stay as modest as possible without not enjoying the beach this year. so if anyone knows where to get swimwear for breast feeding please let me know. :)

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Replies (11-19):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I've never had a bathing suit that wasn't easy to nurse in. The material is so flexible its easy to just pull it aside to nurse without undoing the tie. I only wear bikinis but I don't think it matters :)
catholicmamamia
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I have had good success with tankinis and nursing swimsuits. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I agree with the suggestion of a tankini. I liked my halter style top when my son was a baby. It was very easy to pull my breast out and nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I guess I am just a nervous wreck and learning all about what im doing still lol. My son doesnt like being covered up when he eats so i cant use the idea of a blanket or anything or he will REFUSE to eat lol. I need to just stop being so scared and just let nature do its thing I guess. I just wish my body was easier to jump back to a normal look and not so chunky monkey but ill survive. thank you ladies 

LaughterHugs
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

tankini suit from target :) 

Meghan6391
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Don't want to sound dumb but what wrap is that. I so need one lol

Quoting LaughterHugs:

LaughterHugs
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyEtte?section_id=8051007

my friend beth makes them <3 tell her niki sent you

Quoting Meghan6391:

Don't want to sound dumb but what wrap is that. I so need one lol

Quoting LaughterHugs:

I am not raising good children, I am raising good adults.

Demerise
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Yes ditto to the tankini. My April 2012 baby was successfully nursed in one many times last summer. I would put my tank top on to nurse, so when I pulled swimsuit aside to nurse, I still had coverage on top. But that's just me. :)
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
If you're like me and would prefer not to pull your entire boob out for all to see, slip a tank top on over your suit and then pull your suit down and tank up. Belly covered by suit, top of boob covered by tank.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)