Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Did you find it easier to leave your babies after you had more than one?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

I just had my second baby two weeks ago today. I dont know if it was just the "first time mom" thing or what but I feel like it would be "okay" to run to the store real quick and pick something up, like 10 minutes or something. Idk I just feel like with my ds I was almost scared to leave him or something. And with my dd I feel like it would be okay if I left her for a little bit. I ddon't even mean an hour...I'm literally thinking of going to the store which is less than 5 minutes away. Idk I almost feel like I am "more comfortable" if that makes any sense. Either way I have to go back to work in 5 weeks and I am planning on leaving her at least once for a couple of hours as a dry run. I did that with my son too...so I figured my husband and I could go see the new Iron Man movie because he really wants to see it and I have a free movie ticket. The movie comes out when my dd is 3 weeks old so I figured that we could wait a week or two and go see the movie...and his response is I guess so....which means that he really wanted to see it the day or weekend that it comes out. And he makes a comment like oh so hat you'll have to pump one bottle. Honestly it's not JUST about having to pump. I may feel more comfortable with my dd than I did my ds but I think some of it is my confidence too. This time around I know more because I have some experience...I just don't want to leave my dd because he wants to go to a movie a week earlier. I still don't want to give her a pacifier before 4 weeks. And I'm getting that feeling now that I won't be able to do anything for such a long time now. My ds is 20 months and he has a consistent bedtime so I could always go out after his bed time. Honestly I don't even like to go out that often...I guess I am just feeling like I can't go out and do the same things I could before...but part of what is nagging at me is that I feel like I can take my daughter out and about when I didn't want to with my son because he was a newborn...so basically did anyone else feel like that as they had more kids. I know that it's a common joke that the first one you care about everything and the more you have the less you care or are worried about the little things...do you think that's true?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I have 4 kids and one on the way and I HATE leaving my babies...heck dont like doing it even when they are older. I work fulltime and the ONLY place and person I feel ok with leaving them is with hubby at home. Even then I dont like it but I can do it for the workday because I am kept busy.
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I have 4 and I can't stand leaving them. My youngest is 14 months and he has only been away from me with someone other than dh, maybe 4 times. Mil and fil actually commented to dh how weird I am about this.
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I have five and I very, very, very rarely leave my children.

melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Nope.

Never went back to work after my third. Hated leaving baby 1 and then 2 even though i worked nights and they hardly noticed i wasn't home

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My first was high needs. My second is a great baby. I'm a little less nervous about her moods (obviously) this time around. But I still don't leave my babies. I just don't feel comfortable doing so. 

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I dont like leaving any if my babies, but it did get easier. I never left them so early though.
Also, with my first we both had major seperation anxiety, i believe that was related to the birth experience. I had a hard time laying him down or having others hold him, and so did he. It didnt help esp. With my inlaws insisting on taking him all the time.
DaWife806
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM
It was easier with #2 for me. Of course I had to leave her in NICU for 6 weeks at birth so perhaps I was trained early.
Analugojana
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

It isn't easy with either of them and I only left them after one year for a longer period of time (as in several hours/half a day)

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I find it more difficult.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I had no issues going out ever. And I only have the one.

My HUSBAND was the one who had problems!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN