Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Weaning according to the "signs"

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has anyone weaned according to the signs? The Farmer's Almanac lists the best days to wean each month based on astrology. I just heard about this from a friend of mine, her mom and grandma swear by it. Just curious if anyone else has heard of or believes in this? The Almanac also tells you the best days to potty train...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM

No idea, i've never heard of this.

I wean based on my childs "signs" like after 2 the child choosing to slowly over time reduce the frequency and duration of nursing until they are done.

Potty Training is also one of those things i let the kiddos show me when they are ready not some silly book.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea.

Quoting melindabelcher:

I wean based on my childs "signs" like after 2 the child choosing to slowly over time reduce the frequency and duration of nursing until they are done.

Potty Training is also one of those things i let the kiddos show me when they are ready not some silly book.

ceckyl
by Kyla on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Ditto Melinda
K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly!!!

Quoting melindabelcher:

SadieJames
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Interesting.  I plant according to the almanac but that's it.  I probably wouldn't wean based off of it - I wonder how they determine that?

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Yep this!

Quoting melindabelcher:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Same. :-)

Quoting melindabelcher:

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I garden according to the almanac, but haven't done anything else by it. Weaning went very easy with my first. We were both ready. Now I kind of want to look back at the signs and see if it was "in the stars" so to speak. Lol

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM
My step mom weaned me from the bottle according to the almanac. She said she did it when it was at the head going down?? Idk but she said I only "grieved" it one night lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN