Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Don't judge. But I need some advice with drinking and nursing

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 22 Replies
Hello everyone I am a mother of three and had my third a month ago. I had my first night out last and got pretty tipsy, the kids spent the night with their grandparents, but I had 3 beers, 3 shots, and a mixed drink. I had the last drink at 130 so I was gonna wait 24 hours before breastfeeding. Does that sound about right? I was gonna hand express and dump since I am going so long without BF, and I had already pumped enough for him to have for a 24 hour period. Please no negative comments, moms need breaks sometimes too, and I love and take very good care of my children. Thank you in advance
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Safe to drive = safe to nurse.  As soon as you feel no longer buzzed (a hangover is fine since its just being dehydrated) you can nurse.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Why would you wait that long?  Once you are no longer buzzed, you are safe to nurse.  Going longer than that with no nursing when you don't have to could sabotage your nursing relationship.

justone_jen
by Jen on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I would probably be comfortable nursing now, if my last drink was at 1:30.
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM

No need to pump and dump unless you're still feeling buzzed and engorged :)  Safe to drive, safe to nurse.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Agreed with above.
Tinlizzy87
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Well I feel a little dizzy and maybe a little nauseous def have a headache lol but I do feel safe to drive. :) thank y'all so much I really didn't want to wait 24 hours to nurse but wanted to be safe than sorry
shortyali
by Alicia on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this
We all understand needing to relax some. I have 3 little ones also and have nursed a beer and my baby at the same time. Like everyone else said. Safe to drive means safe to nurse. :)
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Yup. Nurse now, but drink tons of water to clear your hangover and because nursing sucks it out of you, too.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM
You're not drunk anymore, just hungover. I'd avoid large or heavy meals and drink plenty of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM
This

Quoting polkaspots:

You're not drunk anymore, just hungover. I'd avoid large or heavy meals and drink plenty of water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)