Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

funny stories about nursing my 27 month old

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

She is addicted. like bad. i never intended to nurse this long. we are at the point where i am just gonna let her wean herself  it is so far gone. i just have to laugh about it. so i thought i'd share some funny stuff.

She called it her "night night". i guess cause she puts it with going to bed. she says "i want my other night night" when she wants to switch sides. once she said "your night night is cute". she says she has "little night nights" and mawmaw has "big night nights".  I guess mine are medium then? lol

she tried givin me her doll once and told me dolly wanted night night. she said "mm yum yum she likes it."  There are lots more i am sure. i know a lotta ppl wanna nurse until 4 and 5 and that is fine. its not for me though. i wanted to do a yr with both of mine. my son weaned himself at 21 mo. i guess i figured she would too esp since i went to work when she was 6 wks but noo. she has no signs of self weaning yet. i said cut off was 2. now i am saying  this summer hopefully we will quit.. but we shall see!

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaDee83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Wow, 27 months, that's amazing! I'm currently nursing my 18 month old DD, and although I definitely don't plan on going too far past her 2nd birthday (she will be 2 in November), I'm dreading actively weaning her. She is an addict, too - I call her my little boobie addict! Any time she sees me without a shirt on (getting changed, bath rub, etc) she immediately signs (we do a little baby sign language) for "milk" and gets all excited. It's really adorable and I love it, but sometimes I feel like it can be too much. I'm just now starting to hear some whispers of "isn't she a little too old to be breastfeeding?" from people, but I just feel like it's so organic and it's just the way things are and have always been. Do you know what I mean? *shrugs* We'll see what happens, but for now I'm pretty pleased with my little nursling. Congrats on making it so far!!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, too cute!
robinclements86
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM

aww that is so sweet that she signs milk. i really admire ppl who do the baby sign language!! amberlyn (my dd) is like that too. and if she bathes with me she wants to nurse IN the tub. and she will tell me "thank you" after she nurses. lol. everyone tells me i need to quit and it's crazy she does it. it's my fault tho. we co sleep and she still does it during the night and i know if i dont give it to her she will scream and get wide awake. and i have work  so i dont wanna deal with that just yet. i looked for support groups but most i found were ppl who want to breastfeed for that long and longer. her pediatrician says i need to quit but my doc says do it long as i want everyone just has different opinions! moms know whats best for their babies so at this point im just gonna quit worrying about it. i know we wont do it forever!but i am gonna embarass her so bad when she is older bout this haha I say she is 27 mo..she was 2 on valentines day.. so somethin like that!

Quoting MamaDee83:

Wow, 27 months, that's amazing! I'm currently nursing my 18 month old DD, and although I definitely don't plan on going too far past her 2nd birthday (she will be 2 in November), I'm dreading actively weaning her. She is an addict, too - I call her my little boobie addict! Any time she sees me without a shirt on (getting changed, bath rub, etc) she immediately signs (we do a little baby sign language) for "milk" and gets all excited. It's really adorable and I love it, but sometimes I feel like it can be too much. I'm just now starting to hear some whispers of "isn't she a little too old to be breastfeeding?" from people, but I just feel like it's so organic and it's just the way things are and have always been. Do you know what I mean? *shrugs* We'll see what happens, but for now I'm pretty pleased with my little nursling. Congrats on making it so far!!

robinclements86
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM

this is her :)

Quoting robinclements86:

aww that is so sweet that she signs milk. i really admire ppl who do the baby sign language!! amberlyn (my dd) is like that too. and if she bathes with me she wants to nurse IN the tub. and she will tell me "thank you" after she nurses. lol. everyone tells me i need to quit and it's crazy she does it. it's my fault tho. we co sleep and she still does it during the night and i know if i dont give it to her she will scream and get wide awake. and i have work  so i dont wanna deal with that just yet. i looked for support groups but most i found were ppl who want to breastfeed for that long and longer. her pediatrician says i need to quit but my doc says do it long as i want everyone just has different opinions! moms know whats best for their babies so at this point im just gonna quit worrying about it. i know we wont do it forever!but i am gonna embarass her so bad when she is older bout this haha I say she is 27 mo..she was 2 on valentines day.. so somethin like that!

Quoting MamaDee83:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM
She is adorable!

Quoting robinclements86:

Quoting robinclements86:

Quoting MamaDee83:

robinclements86
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM

thank you! she is a mess. i have a 7 yr old son. i am finding that girls are more difficult. at least for me. i spoiled her less and thought i'd learned from any mistakes i'd made the first time, but she is more head strong and stubborn than he ever was!! she is a little diva already.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

She is adorable!

Quoting robinclements86:

Quoting robinclements86:

Quoting MamaDee83:

MamaDee83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I hear you about the work aspect. I'm a full time student (I was laid off and then I went back to school for sonography), so I have to get up and go to classes and be able to pay attention! Not to mention the homework... And regular mom and wife duties!

I agree it depends on which doctor you talk to, too. My pediatrician is kind of indifferent about the nursing, but I've seen a few of the other doctors in the practice when my doc isn't available, and there is one in particular (I can't remember her name) that was just thrilled that I was still nursing. I hate how we have to defend our choice (and our baby's choice!) to continue to nurse. It's such a natural thing, especially when they are so little!

I don't think you will embarass her at all. She will have a strong foundation as a breastfed baby/child to go ahead and breastfeed her children in the future. :-)

Quoting robinclements86:

Quoting MamaDee83:

K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Don't worry about what other people think!  Nathan nursed until just after his 3rd birthday and most people didn't even know we were still nursing for that last 9 months or so.  He only nursed at home then, and only when it was just our family (no visitors), by his choice.  My dh didn't even realize that he was nursing for the last 2 months or so and he was home with us every time that Nathan nursed.

As for doctors, the WHO recommends nursing until at least 2 years of age and then for as long as mutually desired by mother and child.... the biological weaning age for humans is between 2.5 and 7 years of age, with most children self-weaning between 3 and 4.  

I would have liked to self-wean, but I had a breast issue that was causing a lot of pain (still is) and nursing made it worse.  So, I did some mommy-led weaning once Nathan got down to only nursing once a week or so.

Quoting MamaDee83:

spitfire.mommy
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
My mom nursed me until 2wks before I turned 3. She still brings it up to my friends that I was her longest one on the boob lol. And now that I'm pregnant with my first child she asks if I'm going to nurse him/her as long as she did me. I self weaned. I guess I looked at my mom and said "I want milk like daddy now." Lol That is so cute though! I can't wait for my little one to get here so I can have memories like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I'm definitely not ready to wean yet :)

Quoting K8wizzo:

Don't worry about what other people think!  Nathan nursed until just after his 3rd birthday and most people didn't even know we were still nursing for that last 9 months or so.  He only nursed at home then, and only when it was just our family (no visitors), by his choice.  My dh didn't even realize that he was nursing for the last 2 months or so and he was home with us every time that Nathan nursed.

As for doctors, the WHO recommends nursing until at least 2 years of age and then for as long as mutually desired by mother and child.... the biological weaning age for humans is between 2.5 and 7 years of age, with most children self-weaning between 3 and 4.  

I would have liked to self-wean, but I had a breast issue that was causing a lot of pain (still is) and nursing made it worse.  So, I did some mommy-led weaning once Nathan got down to only nursing once a week or so.

Quoting MamaDee83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)