Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Why am I so nervous?!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm 18w pregnant with our second child...yay!! But I get bouts of anxiety over whether or not I'll be able to successfully nurse this kiddo like I did with dd. With dd she latched perfectly, immediately. Never really had supply issues and it was a dream. I had no idea what COULD have gone wrong until I joined CafeMom and read all about how bad a latch can be, over active let down, all that fun stuff. Dd is 3yrs old and nursed up until about 7-8w ago. I'm so proud I made it so long! I had next to no support from friends or family with breastfeeding and lots of bad advice ran rampant. I just did what felt right. But I find myself getting very nervous or worried that things wont be so smooth sailing this time around and whether or not I'll be able to stick it out. The good thing is that I know how amazing it is, so if problems arise I can keep my eyes on the prize. However I only had one kid to focus on in the early weeks with dd and this time I'll have more to deal with. I guess I'm looking for advice or just to vent, I dont know. But I'm nervous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Clemency3
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I think the nerves is only natural. But what helps keep them at bay is not reading all the horror stories. Yes it is important to be educated and it's good you are still reading up on it but you also don't want to over do the reading either because too much can cause anxiety. If I were you I would rely on my past experience and what I know about breastfeeding as well as educating yourself on anything you may have forgotten or need a refresher on. 

newwifenmom
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Stop worrying, I think its your hormones making you nervous. Just relax and take things one step at a time.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I was so nervous last time! Especially being a moderator here I was like what if this doesn't work this time how will it look? I was nervous beyond words! We did fine though, better than fine. Nervous this time too I'm 26.4 weeks preggers but I keep reminding myself I have knowledge and drive I can make this work!
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM

You'll be  fine momma. If you could nurse your first baby for that long with no previous experience & hardly any support this time will be easy. I felt the same way when I was pregnant but I had no previous experience. I just had my first baby 8 months ago & wanted to breastfeed. Fortunitly it came easy to me & things are going very well. Reading all the problems that other mom's go through is scary but you now know where to go for help. Good luck momma & congratulations on the pregnancy & on nursing your first for so long. You rock.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I agree!
Even if you experience issues, you're knowledgeable enough to find information on how to overcome problems. (((HUGS)))

Quoting newwifenmom:

Stop worrying, I think its your hormones making you nervous. Just relax and take things one step at a time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Thanks ladies! I kind of lurk in here every now and then to gain more knowledge but I think it might be doing more harm than good at this point. Maybe I just need to come back when baby is here if I have questions!
nickigoingon8
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

All of mine were different and for me # 8 was my dream nurser.....also # 5...this is the longest I have been able to nurse out of all 8. I have had  no issues with her at all!! I just was always glad that I was able to bf if only for a little while...as long as they got something I was happy but have been extremely blessed with bfing this time around : ) Good luck and kuddos for the 3 year breastfeeding : ) I don't know if I could do that : )

momalee40
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Having a good experience will help you so much but also realizing that every baby is diff and not beating yourself if its not so easy this time is so important. Thats what i have had to do. Im pumping and feeding and she is healthy and happy even w a little formula. Good luck and congrats.a
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)