Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question on this provided schedule..

Posted by   + Show Post

So I was on this site: www.fitpregnancy.com 

and it suggests the following feeding schedule to get started with breastfeeding:

Day 1- Nurse baby whenever and however often as he wants. but limit each session to 5 minutes on each breast (10 mins. total), and if he still wants to suck after that then use a finger

Day 2- Add second additional minutes making it give or take a total of 14 minutes, however many times he wants.

Day 3- Add an additional 10 minutes so it is 20 minutes total

Day 4 and beyond...feed as often however many times he wants with no time restrictions. 

Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Has anyone done this before..like eased into it?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Replies (21-22):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Dumbest thing I have ever read. You. NEVER limit feedings ever. My son nursed constantly in his first 4 days like 15-20 times a day! It's almost all I did while recovering from my c-section. This schedule is a recipe for poor supply.

Quoting Clemency3:

So I was on this site: www.fitpregnancy.com 

and it suggests the following feeding schedule to get started with breastfeeding:

Day 1- Nurse baby whenever and however often as he wants. but limit each session to 5 minutes on each breast (10 mins. total), and if he still wants to suck after that then use a finger

Day 2- Add second additional minutes making it give or take a total of 14 minutes, however many times he wants.

Day 3- Add an additional 10 minutes so it is 20 minutes total

Day 4 and beyond...feed as often however many times he wants with no time restrictions. 

Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Has anyone done this before..like eased into it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM

You seriously will drive yourself crazy looking at the clock. Nurse on demand, it wil increase milk supply.

http://sharepoint.ccf.org/lacationpatientinformation/Patient%20Information%20Flyers/(F)%20OB-158.pdf

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)