Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pacifier use and breastfeeding?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 15 Replies
How often do you give your baby the binky instead of constantly nursing during those times they just want to suck. My baby is 4 weeks, if shes not eating or having an alert moment she has a binky. I can tell when the binky isnt enough and sometimes we comfort nurse, i have a two yr old and got frustrated in her second week when she cluster fed ( i did it... but it was hard for me) i seem to have a good supply, just wondering how much other bfeeding moms lean on the binky?
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Never. She never took one. When she was tiny we could pacify her in the car with our pinky but she never took a pAci. I just put her in the sling and let her stay latched while I did my thing.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Mine refused it entirely.

Caveat mama... if baby changes the latch at all, toss the binky. You don't want to wind up with hurt bleeding nipples. 

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Never used one.
paknari
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Mine wants the binky when she wants it. If I try to give her tw breast she thrashes around and sniffles until I give her the binky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Yep!

Quoting gdiamante:

Mine refused it entirely.

Caveat mama... if baby changes the latch at all, toss the binky. You don't want to wind up with hurt bleeding nipples. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LHummel
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd loved her paci and my boobs lol. She always made it clear which she wanted. She would refuse what she wasn't in the mood for. 

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:29 AM
he uses a paci but we were also EPing for the first 8 weeks. So he had a paci before we were breastfeeding if that makes sense lol
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I always try nursing first. If she still wants to suck but doesn't want to get milk she will tell at my breast. She doesn't seem to like nursing to sleep, except for at night. During the day she prefers to fall asleep sucking on the binky.
piwife
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I bought 6 different kinds.. she likes to chew on them sometimes.. other then that she hates them she will be 1 next week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM

http://sharepoint.ccf.org/lacationpatientinformation/Patient%20Information%20Flyers/(F)%20OB-159.pdf

This is from the Cleveland Clinic web site. There is a lot of great bf information. they are a baby friendly hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)