Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pacifier use and breastfeeding?

Posted by   + Show Post
How often do you give your baby the binky instead of constantly nursing during those times they just want to suck. My baby is 4 weeks, if shes not eating or having an alert moment she has a binky. I can tell when the binky isnt enough and sometimes we comfort nurse, i have a two yr old and got frustrated in her second week when she cluster fed ( i did it... but it was hard for me) i seem to have a good supply, just wondering how much other bfeeding moms lean on the binky?
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Replies (11-15):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Lola only got it in the car, or if daddy or nana were holding/comforting her. If she wanted to suck and i was there, she got the breast.
nickigoingon8
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I just give the binky after she has feed and comfort nursed for as long as I could let her. I have 6 other kids in the house besides her so I use it when I have to when I can't comfort nurse as long as she would like...she also uses it when she sleeps and will spit it out after a while

jplumb
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Ds2 doesn't care too much for the paci. He gags when we've tried giving it to him. We will hold onto it just to be safe. Dd2 didn't take one until she was about 6 but my older 2 kids took to it right away.
ABeautifulQadar
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My 2 week old is the same

Quoting LHummel:

My dd loved her paci and my boobs lol. She always made it clear which she wanted. She would refuse what she wasn't in the mood for. 

masonsmommy107
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Ds takes it to sleep or in the car
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)