Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Cramps??

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 2 Replies

For the last two days, Ive been getting period like cramps. The are off and on and dont happen in any kind of pattern. Sometimes it happens when Im nursing, sometimes when Im not nursing. im 8 weeks PP and stoped post delivery bleeding at 4 weeks PP, so I know its not that anymore....plus, Im not bleeding! No period or anything like that, just the cramps. Why is this happening? I know that nursing releases a chemical that can make your uterus skrink after delivery, but Im well past that stage. Could I be feeling ovulation pains? 

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM

It could be a number of things. Yes you could be ovulating. But, being only 8 weeks pp, your uterus is likely still contracting and shrinking back to its normal size. Even if you stopped bleeding at 4 weeks, that does not mean your uterus is back to pre pregnancy size. A lot of women still continue to bleed at 8 weeks pp (myself being one of them).

nickigoingon8
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

That was happening to me last week and I am almost 5 months PP. I called the doc's office and they said not to worry about it and told me to make sure that I wasn't pregnant again and said if it didn't go away to come in. I have only had one period in the last almost  5 months and I was sure it was coming but it didn't ...just the cramps : ) yay!! Good luck and I hope they subside

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)