Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing necklace

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 5 Replies

I've been looking into getting one.....baby is due in less than 20wks, is it too early to buy one? I saw some on etsy for about $5.....you can get them with flavoring or the natural wood. Thanks for any info!

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Analugojana
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

They are  nice tool when the baby is 4 mo and older. Mine wants to put it into her mouth though while she nurses! It's still early but if you have Etsy fever, why not? Flavoring? Never heard of them. I wouldn't do. Probably rather artficial and you want to protect the virgin gut.

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wait, get them when near the teething stage. I would not get them with flavoring. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

twinmommy2010
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I have two both natural wood. My son loved play with them as he nursed.  I got my from Esty too lol 

schultzal
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I have one from kangaroo care, and my daughter showed no interest in it until she was ~4 months+. I mostly wear it when I am wearing her, so she can chew on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I have one, it's a ring of maple(?) wood and has two obsidian stones on the middle( not able to be reached via the mouth)

ds loves it,I got it later than I should have but he still loves it at 21 months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN