Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help!! No letting down when pumping!!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ds is 7months and things have been fine but for some reason I'm not able to let down when pumping most the time.... Any tricks?? This is extremely stressful! I have to pump at work.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kahla11
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM

take a few pictures of your baby and create a small photo album that you can flip through while you pump. Maybe try to block out thoughts of work and just imagine you with your baby. I hope it helps.

momalee40
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Take a minute to massage your breast, rub lansinoh around your nipples and breath deep. Close your eyes and think about baby. Relax. Im exclusively pumping and these things have helped. Also, a destraction while you pump helps. Dont watch !
huneebadger
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I am exclusively pumping as well and agree that not watching helps as it stresses you out when you don't get the amount you are expecting! I also put a warm cloth on my nipples before I pump.

Quoting momalee40:

Take a minute to massage your breast, rub lansinoh around your nipples and breath deep. Close your eyes and think about baby. Relax. Im exclusively pumping and these things have helped. Also, a destraction while you pump helps. Dont watch !

WadesMom14
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I to have to pump while at work to. I have pictures in my phone of baby smiling, nursing ext.. also videos of baby talking and fussing.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM

^^all of that, plus wrap your baby in a receiving blanket for a while before you leave for work.  Put that on your shoulder as you pump--his smell will help you to let down as well.  Massage before and during pumping and compressions anytime that your flow slows down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)