Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Please help...this is driving me crazy...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

My dd is 4 months old. She started being very picky about where she wants to nurse a while back and she's doing it again. She's been back acting like this for 2 weeks now. I'm at my wits end. The only place she will nurse willingly is in bed. I KNOW she's hungry, but she refuses unless we're there. I'd like to leave the house sometime and not feel bad about her refusing to NIP! lol. I just want her to get over whatever phase she's going through now because I am going stir crazy having to be in bed so often :(

I'm sure this is common and I just have to push through it, but I was hoping someone had some suggestions on how to get her to 'snap out of it.'? I've tried to out stubborn her and wait it out, but she just keeps arching back away (even when she's giving all the signs that she's hungry).

Any suggestions are welcome! :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SadieJames
by Sarah on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Is it more she wants to lay down and side nurse or she sits up but wants to be in bed kwim?

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM

She wants to side nurse, but only in bed :(

Quoting SadieJames:

Is it more she wants to lay down and side nurse or she sits up but wants to be in bed kwim?

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM
This can be a sign of ear pain and teething.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM

agree... latching in other positions can be painful if there's ear or jaw/teeth pain

Quoting GoldenLinds:

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM

She is definitely teething! Good to know. I had a feeling that had something to do it :-/

Quoting GoldenLinds:

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM

She is teething for sure...She also has her 4 month check up tomorrow so I'll make sure they check her ears too.

Quoting K8wizzo:

agree... latching in other positions can be painful if there's ear or jaw/teeth pain

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Kayla-Kay2
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:31 PM
My daughter has been stubborn about this as well I found the culprit was that she LOVES her topless snuggle mommy time lol she finally stopped every feeding needing to be topless in bed about 5 months an decided she now wants that "naked" snuggle time when she takes her big nap in the early afternoon and at night.
LilliansMama27
by Candy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I never go completely topless when nursing her because she grabs my other nipple and pulls if I leave it exposed. Plus if I don't have something there on the other side during letdown I leak/spray all over :(

She may be wanting some snuggle time, but I think the teething may be the real culprit :(

Quoting Kayla-Kay2:

My daughter has been stubborn about this as well I found the culprit was that she LOVES her topless snuggle mommy time lol she finally stopped every feeding needing to be topless in bed about 5 months an decided she now wants that "naked" snuggle time when she takes her big nap in the early afternoon and at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN