Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growth spurt or what??

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 18 Replies
My son will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and he's literally been feeding CONSTANTLY all day. It feels like I haven't had a break yet and it's almost 8pm. He cries and cries whenever I pull him off so I've just left him on. I know he's been getting enough because his diaper count is excellent.

Is this normal? I'm assuming he's going through a growth spurt. I'm a FTM so any insight would be great. :-)
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Yep. It will get a lot better after this one momma. Hang in there!
Ciaodarlings
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Yikes, I hope so! With as much as he's been feeding today I'm worried he'll have a tummy ache or something. :-(

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM
He'll be just fine momma! You're doing so good!

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Yikes, I hope so! With as much as he's been feeding today I'm worried he'll have a tummy ache or something. :-(

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Ciaodarlings
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks so much! You've really helped ease my mind. :-)

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

He'll be just fine momma! You're doing so good!

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Analugojana
by Christine on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM

No worries. Breast milk is digested fast and it is the ideal food. Until 12 weeks or so they habve LOTS of growth spurts so get a good book, the remote, food and drink and enjoy the ride!

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Yep, definitely a growth spurt! Expect at 3 and 6 weeks and 3 and 6 months, or as many BFing moms concur, the whole first year pretty much equals growth spurts :-) Hang in there mama!
Ciaodarlings
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Oh boy lol, thank you!

Quoting Analugojana:

No worries. Breast milk is digested fast and it is the ideal food. Until 12 weeks or so they habve LOTS of growth spurts so get a good book, the remote, food and drink and enjoy the ride!

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Ciaodarlings
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
An entire year of growth spurts sounds really intimidating lol but I'm ready for it! :-)

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Yep, definitely a growth spurt! Expect at 3 and 6 weeks and 3 and 6 months, or as many BFing moms concur, the whole first year pretty much equals growth spurts :-) Hang in there mama!
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Lol, definitely wasn't my intention to intimidate! :-) There is a lot of growing in the first year, but it's also very rewarding and you CAN DO IT!

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

An entire year of growth spurts sounds really intimidating lol but I'm ready for it! :-)

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Ciaodarlings
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks so much! Hearing encouragement is always so helpful. :-)

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Lol, definitely wasn't my intention to intimidate! :-) There is a lot of growing in the first year, but it's also very rewarding and you CAN DO IT!

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)