Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I have been back to work for 4 weeks now and am starting to not get as much when i pump/hand express.

Idk how to up my supply but i HAVE to. We cant afford for me to quit and i refuse to stop bf'ing. Ds get fed right before i leave at 8, then gets about 2-2.5 oz around 10ish, i feed again at 12 and then sometimes more before i leave about 1230/1245 then another bottle about 230ish then im home by 430 for another feeding.

Ive been getting like. 5oz from both lately and just driving to the house to feed him and im sure this might have hurt me more but i cant let him cry from hunger of not getting fed.

He needs his couple ounces and i need to figure out how to get it for him. Help!? Natural ways too, herbs or something, pumping before/after each feeding for a week? What? I LOVE nursing and will do whats needed. We always feed on demand when home at night and on weekends. No matter where we are.

Thanks for reading all this and any help offered. :)
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-15):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

And it does sound liek you have a lipase problem. Scald the milk before storing. You will need to pump ahead. Two ounces is normal max output and I expect to see you getting that soon.

Pump WHILE nursing all sessions, not just AM. The milk can stay at room temp for ten hours.

shortyali
by Alicia on May. 1, 2013 at 4:48 AM
How often are you expressing milk? I agree about adding that morning session and you may need to scald the milk before storing. As time goes on your pump response will go down. Call your insurance company about a pump. My DH's employer hadn't elected to add in the new act about covering pumps yet (employers have until Jan 2014 to do so). Once I explained to them that I was working outside the home and was away from DS2 for close to 11 hours a day (its ok to inflate the numbers or even leave out that you drive home on lunch), they told me as long as I had a note from DS2's Ped and a prescription from my OB, they would cover it as a medical need. Just like someone who needs a cane or crutches.
Momma2013
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Through my work they only cover a manual, i asked. :)

Quoting momalee40:

Oatmeal helps. Do you have private Ins? Most of them are providing a free elect pump as of Jan 1 st, just call and ask.

Momma2013
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM
2 times about every 2 hours either pump or nursing ds.

Quoting shortyali:

How often are you expressing milk? I agree about adding that morning session and you may need to scald the milk before storing. As time goes on your pump response will go down. Call your insurance company about a pump. My DH's employer hadn't elected to add in the new act about covering pumps yet (employers have until Jan 2014 to do so). Once I explained to them that I was working outside the home and was away from DS2 for close to 11 hours a day (its ok to inflate the numbers or even leave out that you drive home on lunch), they told me as long as I had a note from DS2's Ped and a prescription from my OB, they would cover it as a medical need. Just like someone who needs a cane or crutches.

reneer1
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM
This, on both the oatmeal and the pump.

Quoting momalee40:

Oatmeal helps. Do you have private Ins? Most of them are providing a free elect pump as of Jan 1 st, just call and ask.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN