Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Ezcema OT

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 40 Replies
I see eczema mentioned a lot in posts so I figured I'd get the most responses here. This is for me, luckily my boys have dh's immune system and skin so they've had no problems.

I'm 23, going to be 24 in a few months, and have been dealing with "eczema" since I was 6. I've done everything from using creams ( prescription and OTC), coconut oil, breast milk ( this helps with the itching but it's actually gotten worse), dietary changes, different pills, etc.

I have scars every where from this and am running out of ideas on how to make it go away. Every doctor I've seen tells me it doesn't look like ezcema but that's how they're treating it. Right now I'm broken out on my legs and between my fingers. While I was pregnant I also had it between my breasts ( it was dark brown with black spots) and on my scalp.

I'm tired of having ugly skin and tired of being told there's nothing else that can be done. It can't be normal to have ezcema for 17+ years. I have an appointment with the only dermatologist in my town that's taking new patients, but it's not until November. :(

I'm hoping you ladies might have some advice for me, or even be able to point me in the right direction. Or at the very least you'll read this and let me have my pity party.

I'll post pictures in the replies.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Mobile Photo

Right leg
risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Mobile Photo

Right leg
risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Mobile Photo

Left leg
risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Mobile Photo

Left calf
risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Mobile Photo

Left arm
risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Right arm ( I'm just starting to break out on my arms)

Also the sores on my legs are not from me scratching, they start out as white head looking things and pop on their own and then heal. And then they show up again.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I'm mobile so your pictures look tiny, but do you get blisters? Have you looked into other skin problems? My mom has psoriasis and she gets blisters that pop and are really painful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I also have psoriasis, but have been able to keep it under control. Sometimes these are painful, but most the time they just itch like crazy.

Sorry your mom is dealing with psoriasis. It sucks.

Quoting polkaspots:

I'm mobile so your pictures look tiny, but do you get blisters? Have you looked into other skin problems? My mom has psoriasis and she gets blisters that pop and are really painful.

ragitty
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I am sorry you are going through that :( Ds and my nephew have it too and it is not fun. I read somewhere to ditch any steroid based cream because your body gets addicted to it. Apparently the detox is terrible but it's so much better for your skin in the long run.

Also, have you tried putting breastmilk on it? I never tried it on ds because I never knew about it while we were still bfing. I keep trying to get sil to do it for my nephew because she is ebfing my other 3mo nephew and has oversupply so she has more than enough to spare for her 20mo. So far she has only remembered once and since it didn't have the immediate effect she stopped :( I've heard great things about it, though

risaspieces
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I haven't used any steroid creams in about 5 years. I was getting burns from them.

I have been using bm since ds was born ( 3 1/2 months ago) and its helped with the itching but the sores are getting worse. I'm sticking with it for the itch relief though. I was hoping bm would be the cure but I'm starting to doubt it.

Quoting ragitty:

I am sorry you are going through that :( Ds and my nephew have it too and it is not fun. I read somewhere to ditch any steroid based cream because your body gets addicted to it. Apparently the detox is terrible but it's so much better for your skin in the long run.

Also, have you tried putting breastmilk on it? I never tried it on ds because I never knew about it while we were still bfing. I keep trying to get sil to do it for my nephew because she is ebfing my other 3mo nephew and has oversupply so she has more than enough to spare for her 20mo. So far she has only remembered once and since it didn't have the immediate effect she stopped :( I've heard great things about it, though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)