Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Vanishing period?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 11 Replies
I thought I got my period back last month on Easter (so March 31). Correction I know I HAD a period. It was bleeding companied with cramps mood swings the whole 9 yards. And it was a good few weeks after my post partum blending had stopped and about 2 ish weeks since I had the Nexplanon inserted.

I was and still am EBF my 3 month old, but I figured my period returned because of the Nexplanon insertion and because he was sleeping for longer periods of time.

Anyways, so my period should definitely be here by now! I took a test and it came back negative.

I know that with Nexplanon I could become really irregular.

But this is starting to play mind game with me!!!

by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 1, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Yea, mine came back in November and the went missing last month. I know it's normal... But still made me start doubting that dhs vasectomy took! Haha, showed up today (i think!).
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Why can't there be some other indicator of pregnancy or non pregnancy for that matter?!?

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Yea, mine came back in November and the went missing last month. I know it's normal... But still made me start doubting that dhs vasectomy took! Haha, showed up today (i think!).

robibuni
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM
With you on this one!! Mine came back last month (12.5 months PP), and now its gone. Took two tests just to be sure and both were negative. This is annoying :/
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:32 AM
I'm 9months pp and just get one every now and then. My last one was in December.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Doesn't it fteak you out?

Quoting eagerforbaby:

I'm 9months pp and just get one every now and then. My last one was in December.

TaralynnStewart
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:46 AM
I had my DD in Dec. I had my first period in Feb and did not have one again until July and then it disappeared again. In mid Jan I went to the Dr for what I thought was a bladder infection or issue with ovaries and found out I was 10wks pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Not to much, if I start to worry I take a test, but were pretty careful, and don't tell dh, but I wouldn't mind another soon, lol. He's so not ready!

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting eagerforbaby:

B1Bomber
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I had my tubes tied after my son was born, and got my period back right away (4 wks pp, nearly 3 wks after pp bleeding stopped)...I haven't had one since (late Feb) and I keep freaking out thinking I'm pregnant again, which I obviously don't want since I had a tubal.

I know pregnancy screws up periods, but gah! I hate the unpredictability.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Well we are pretty sure we are done, just not 100%. Dh is vent yells going to eat a vasectomy.

I already have a 4 year old and a 1 year old along with my 3 month old we definitely don't need another one.

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Not to much, if I start to worry I take a test, but were pretty careful, and don't tell dh, but I wouldn't mind another soon, lol. He's so not ready!

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
That's not what I want to hear!

Were you on any kind of birth control?

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

I had my DD in Dec. I had my first period in Feb and did not have one again until July and then it disappeared again. In mid Jan I went to the Dr for what I thought was a bladder infection or issue with ovaries and found out I was 10wks pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN