Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

STTN

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Am I the only mom who hasn't had a whole 6-8 hours of sleep in 8 1/2 months??  My 8mo is up every 3 hours at night and nurses every 3 hours during the day.  Don't get me wrong, I love BF and she is EBF and always has been but I would love some sleep...

by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crob4
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't slept longer than two hours at a time in 4 years.  Lol, no, you're definitely not the only one.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Nope :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My youngest is 15 months and has slept through the night only a handfull of times. My oldest was formula fed and was well over 2 before she was sleeping through the night. We co-sleep and he latches and unlatches on his own so I sleep mostly through it, so it's not a big deal. They day time nursing has been harder for me lately. He still nurses like a newborn at times and on top of that my 2.5 year old twins still nurse when they wake up, before and after nap time, and before bed time. The night time when I can wake up for just a second and then sleep through the feeding is much easier lol. 

justone_jen
by Jen on May. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol! You're asking a group of mothers if you're the only one who hasn't had eight hours of sleep?

I think the woman who gets eight hours is the minority, not the other way around.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
You can try things to get him to sleep longer increments at night. Such as, offer more often during the day. Offer every hour for 3-4 hours before bed. Offer only one side in the hours leading up to bed so he gets more of the fattier, more filling hhind milk. There's a list on Dr. Sears website.... but my ten month old still wakes 3-4 times at night too lol
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
No, my DS STTN from 8 weeks to 6 months, but during that time I always woke at least 2 times from painful engorgement and had to pump for relief. He is 20 months old now and hasn't STTN, but maybe 2 or 3 times since he started teething at 6 months and I'm now 19 weeks pregnant and expecting even less sleep come September!
YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I haven't had that in 5 years. Seriously. And I am not BFing right now, lol.
austinsmama1106
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Um no, not in years!
ceckyl
by Kyla on May. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Nope, going on 3 years here :)
trendy2
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Guess I'm spoiled. My first two did at 9 weeks. Memories!! Lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN