Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

4 month check up!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

So Miss Lily got a great report from her doctor. She's in the 90th percentile for both height and weight! 4 months old and she weighs 16lbs. 4oz. and she's 26in long. She only cried a little bit with her shots (I nursed her right after). She cried more when they gave her one of the vaccines they give orally and squirted the whole thing in her mouth all at once! Poor baby was coughing and spurting :(

Told the doc about her having fussiness when nursing in certain positions lately. I told her I attributed it to teething and she said maybe, but suggested it may be reflux and I could try giving her 1 tsp of mylanta 2-3 times a day (which I will not be doing because she has very little spit up...it's ridiculous). She was surprised I was still breast feeding, but said Lillian was doing great so keep up the good work! Love my little chunk-a-monk boobie baby :)

Like her sparkly bandaid?! I did. Wish I could have a matching one :( lol
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds perfect and you are pretty savvy about the spit up. I'm so discouraged how often doctors over diagnose "reflux" now, writing prescriptions like crazy. Mylanta has side effects that can be worse than anything related to reflux. They don't mention the side effects until you have them, then they say, "yes, 1 in x people develop metabolic issues from this drug. Here's another drug for that."

She looks beautiful and happy and healthy. :-)
mom2astar
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM
My baby also spit up a lot she turnt 4 months on the 29. She has her check up Friday. I am not ready for that :-(:-(:-(:-(
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM
It's sad that she's surprised you're "still" breastfeeding at four months. She must not have many breastfed babies in her practice.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Zazayam
by Nicki on May. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds great, she's beautiful. :)

I do like her bandaid, lol.

LilliansMama27
by Candy on May. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I've never asked, but perhaps they only have a few? I'm sure they're going to look at me like I have two heads because I will be nursing her until she self-weans which is hopefully at 2 years or older lol.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

It's sad that she's surprised you're "still" breastfeeding at four months. She must not have many breastfed babies in her practice.
LilliansMama27
by Candy on May. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I definitely think its over diagnosed too. I read of a lot of others on here having the same problem so I just smiled and nodded lol.

And thank you very much for the compliment :)

Quoting mostlymaydays:Sounds perfect and you are pretty savvy about the spit up. I'm so discouraged how often doctors over diagnose "reflux" now, writing prescriptions like crazy. Mylanta has side effects that can be worse than anything related to reflux. They don't mention the side effects until you have them, then they say, "yes, 1 in x people develop metabolic issues from this drug. Here's another drug for that."

She looks beautiful and happy and healthy. :-)
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM
That is sad. Doctors should take more responsibility for moms' breastfeeding rates. When no one in their practice hits the 6 month mark, they should wonder what they're doing wrong supporting those patients.

On a related note, my OB's office was flabbergasted that I didn't have a period yet by 6 months postpartum. They were forcing a pregnancy test on me, even though I hadnt had sex yet. That practice must have crummy breastfeeding rates. I know some women get their periods earlier but i shouldnt have been the first they met to go beyond 6 months (I actually hit 16 months, and that's the earliest i got it of any if my 4). Wonder if it had anything to do with the cans and cans of formula they hand out.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)