Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Need advice ASAP!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 14 Replies
My son is 14 months and nurses 4-6 times a day still. 2 in the morning, once before his two naps and once before bedtime, he may sometimes squeeze one more out of me.
Dh just called and asked me if I wanted to go to a company thing for him.. I don't have enough time to pump and doubt id get much as I haven't pumped in a long time.
Ds may want milk later depending on what time dh and I get home. Can I sub my bm for almond milk? I know he's ok w almond milk bc he's had it in things before (smoothies etc). My supply is rarely effected by a one time missed feeding so ill be fine on my end, just full. (Reason for almond milk is bc I'm allergic to dairy and am not giving him dairy until he can talk and tell me if he's reacting to it)
What are your thoughts on subbing almond milk for bm??
Thanks in advance!
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willsmoms
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think one time is fine. Go enjoy yourself.
MorganTho
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I would just nurse before leaving and leave almond milk in a sippy of bottle and nurse when you get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM
And your ds nurses less than my 29 month old!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kss12
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Yeah.. Ds is leaving earlier than we are bc ss has to go to football practice so I can't nurse right before we leave (MIL is watching both). I'm definitely nursing when I get home lol! I'd die all night.. Ugh! Thanks :)

Quoting MorganTho:

I would just nurse before leaving and leave almond milk in a sippy of bottle and nurse when you get home.

kss12
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Really?? That's awesome! Go you! My ds only has 3 meals a day.. I'm his snacks lol! Depending on his moods too ill nurse him more or less.. I just go by whatever he wants :)

Quoting MorganTho:

MorganTho
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM
He'll be fine I'm sure!

Quoting kss12:

Yeah.. Ds is leaving earlier than we are bc ss has to go to football practice so I can't nurse right before we leave (MIL is watching both). I'm definitely nursing when I get home lol! I'd die all night.. Ugh! Thanks :)

Quoting MorganTho:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I use coconut or rice milk for the most part since we're running low on frozen milk and my pump broke. Honestly, my sons the same age and even though he nurses more frequently, there are days where I'm away from him for eight hours and he's fine with just a few cups of milk in between meals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I actually wish she'd cutback a little whenever I sit down is apparently time for her to nurse!

Quoting kss12:

Really?? That's awesome! Go you! My ds only has 3 meals a day.. I'm his snacks lol! Depending on his moods too ill nurse him more or less.. I just go by whatever he wants :)

Quoting MorganTho:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM
At this age he should be fine with that and some solids until you get home. Have a good time!
kss12
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Thank you! Yeah I was thinking the same but wanted to see what other bf moms thought :)

Quoting MusherMaggie:

At this age he should be fine with that and some solids until you get home. Have a good time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN