Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
My son is 14 months and nurses 4-6 times a day still. 2 in the morning, once before his two naps and once before bedtime, he may sometimes squeeze one more out of me.
Dh just called and asked me if I wanted to go to a company thing for him.. I don't have enough time to pump and doubt id get much as I haven't pumped in a long time.
Ds may want milk later depending on what time dh and I get home. Can I sub my bm for almond milk? I know he's ok w almond milk bc he's had it in things before (smoothies etc). My supply is rarely effected by a one time missed feeding so ill be fine on my end, just full. (Reason for almond milk is bc I'm allergic to dairy and am not giving him dairy until he can talk and tell me if he's reacting to it)
What are your thoughts on subbing almond milk for bm??
Thanks in advance!
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (11-14):
kss12
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM

DS was like that when he was 13 months.. if he'd just nursed I'd distract him with something and he'd be just as happy with a remot If he persisted then I'd give him. Depended on his mood!

Quoting MorganTho:

I actually wish she'd cutback a little whenever I sit down is apparently time for her to nurse!

Quoting kss12:

Really?? That's awesome! Go you! My ds only has 3 meals a day.. I'm his snacks lol! Depending on his moods too ill nurse him more or less.. I just go by whatever he wants :)

Quoting MorganTho:

And your ds nurses less than my 29 month old!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Yeah, he should be fine while you're gone.
At that age, I was away from my constant nurser for 10-16 hours a couple times a month and he was fine. He sometimes was climbing into my lap before I even say down, but he was ok until I walked in the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Isn't it awesome after1 that you can ditch the pump and just nurse when you're together? I love it!!

Oh and water would be ok too instead of almond milk
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM

That's fine.  At his age, whatever works for you is the rule. :)  I couldn't pump more than 1/2 oz after 12 months.  When I was there, we nursed; when I wasn't, we didn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN