Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nipple twiddler... ahhhhh !

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 41 Replies

DS is a relentless nippler twiddler. I move his hand, tell him to stop. We stop nursing. I keep my hand over the other nipple. 

I have even resorted to taping up the other nipple. I have been very consistant with not allowing DS to handle the other breast for 2 months, maybe more. He won't give up! 

Help a momma out...

by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Sorry I have to laugh.

How old is he?

My 3 month old is a pincher and seems to think that my Nexplanon in my arm was put there for him to play with!

Have you tried giving him something else to do with his hands like a nursing necklace?
ceckyl
by Kyla on May. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM

My ds loooves my nursing necklace 

birdiemom
by Allison on May. 1, 2013 at 9:36 PM

He is 14 1/2 months. I have a nursing necklace somewhere, I'll have to dig it out. He wasn't interested in it  before. I do know that toys don't help, I usually get whacked in the face, lol

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Sorry I have to laugh.

How old is he?

My 3 month old is a pincher and seems to think that my Nexplanon in my arm was put there for him to play with!

Have you tried giving him something else to do with his hands like a nursing necklace?

soulofsunmama
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Mine is almost 20 months, and no matter what I do, is still relentless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I would try it or some other kind of necklace

Quoting birdiemom:

He is 14 1/2 months. I have a nursing necklace somewhere, I'll have to dig it out. He wasn't interested in it  before. I do know that toys don't help, I usually get whacked in the face, lol

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Sorry I have to laugh.

How old is he?

birdiemom
by Allison on May. 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I just put mine on, and he's holding it, but I don't feel comfortable sleeping with it on. I feel dumb for not thinking about it sooner. He wasn't interested in it 6 months ago.

Quoting ceckyl:

My ds loooves my nursing necklace 

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Worst. Habit. Ever. My second son was awful. I probably spent from 12-24 months cupping my other breast to protect myself from him. Every time I read a post where a mom thinks its funny I cringe because I thought it was cute at first, too, that he was guarding the breast. Then it became the must irritating thing in the world.

The best tip I've heard is to direct the baby to just pat with an open hand. Somebody, was it from Nurshable? But she said that the nipple twiddling has the physiological purpose of encouraging letdown. So they're sort of wired to do it; we just need to fix it so they aren't irritating the heck out if us.
birdiemom
by Allison on May. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I just tried it and it's keeping his attention. I feel dumb now, but I don't feel comfortable wearing it to bed (we bed share)

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

I would try it or some other kind of necklace

Quoting birdiemom:

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Sorry I have to laugh.

How old is he?

Kaylawv2
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I have the same issue with my 20 mth old ds. He does it in his sleep too...ughh. I always move his hand and it goes right back....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by Allison on May. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Thank you, I think I can tolerate patting, it's the poke, push, squeeze, twist, etc. that drives me batty

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Worst. Habit. Ever. My second son was awful. I probably spent from 12-24 months cupping my other breast to protect myself from him. Every time I read a post where a mom thinks its funny I cringe because I thought it was cute at first, too, that he was guarding the breast. Then it became the must irritating thing in the world.

The best tip I've heard is to direct the baby to just pat with an open hand. Somebody, was it from Nurshable? But she said that the nipple twiddling has the physiological purpose of encouraging letdown. So they're sort of wired to do it; we just need to fix it so they aren't irritating the heck out if us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN