Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Remove toxins from your breastmilk!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Chlorella is available in pills & powder & are available at most health food stores. Chlorella is packed full of essential vitamins so if you currently take other vitamin supplements you can easy replace them all with chlorella.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Interesting.  Can you pass on the website, too?

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't get "cholera" out of my head!

It is worrisome to me that someone might read that and at first glance think that formula might be better than "tainted" breastmilk, which is most unlikely true. There's no doubt that there are pollutants in our air and water and food supply.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
A little googling here and I read hat chlorella is an algae. I just watched a YouTube video where Dr Oz is discussing chlorella's ability to bind with mercury in your body and expel it. So while I'm apprehensive about of aiming it at breastfeeding mothers I can understand why they'd say maybe it could be helpful for all people concerned about this. And I'm sort of freaking ou over my silver fillings now! And my ds's fillings. :-(
Sama2Mamma
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Interesting
paramore-marie
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I am in no way saying the formula is better than breastmilk.. It most definitely isn't. But after a LC told me about chlorella when my son kept getting sick whenever I did because I EBF on demand, I had to try. It really is awesome.. And it aids in weightloss as well which is just an added benefit..

Quoting mostlymaydays:

A little googling here and I read hat chlorella is an algae. I just watched a YouTube video where Dr Oz is discussing chlorella's ability to bind with mercury in your body and expel it. So while I'm apprehensive about of aiming it at breastfeeding mothers I can understand why they'd say maybe it could be helpful for all people concerned about this. And I'm sort of freaking ou over my silver fillings now! And my ds's fillings. :-(
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I realize you were not. :-) My nervousness comes from recent controversies stirred up by a national nutrition group that has said that vegetarians (and others with "deficient" diets) are better off following their homemade formula recipe than breastfeeding.

I'll keep reading about chlorella (and watching YouTube ;-) Thanks for putting it on my radar.

Quoting paramore-marie:

I am in no way saying the formula is better than breastmilk.. It most definitely isn't. But after a LC told me about chlorella when my son kept getting sick whenever I did because I EBF on demand, I had to try. It really is awesome.. And it aids in weightloss as well which is just an added benefit..

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Zazayam
by Nicki on May. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I had the Cholera thoughts too... And yes, I have to agree. That makes breastmilk sound pretty bad.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It is worrisome to me that someone might read that and at first glance think that formula might be better than "tainted" breastmilk, which is most unlikely true. There's no doubt that there are pollutants in our air and water and food supply.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I understand the intent is to say that chlorella helps remove toxins from breastmilk but I'm sure people could spin that to make breastmilk look bad. Though if the toxins come from the air and water, then cow's milk would have the toxin's too so milk-based formulas aren't a viable option.

Quoting Zazayam:

I had the Cholera thoughts too... And yes, I have to agree. That makes breastmilk sound pretty bad.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Zazayam
by Nicki on May. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Oh exactly, I know it's not meant to say it's bad just a way to make it better. I'm planning on looking into it a bit more actually, but I can see how it could come off as scary.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I understand the intent is to say that chlorella helps remove toxins from breastmilk but I'm sure people could spin that to make breastmilk look bad. Though if the toxins come from the air and water, then cow's milk would have the toxin's too so milk-based formulas aren't a viable option.

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Question:  HOW does it remove toxins from breastmilk... 

"They" say not to de-tox whilst breastfeeding, as the toxins may get into the breastmilk and into the baby, so where do the toxins go once you take the chlorella? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)