Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

EBF 3 week old weight **Edit- too much?**

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this
She started 7lb 5oz and was 10lbs 2oz today. 3 lbs in 3 weeks! Now thats a successful bf story lol.

Sorry this seemed like the only appropriate place to brag :p

***Edit* Sooo yea after I posted I got to thinking, if she keeps this up she will be 13lbs @ 6 weeks! Is there such a thing as too much weight gain when EBF? I mean I don't know how I would "control" it as she only nurses on one side every 3 hours during the day and 4-5 hours at night, and has a pacifier as well so not much comfort nursing going on....Why do mothers have to worry about everything????
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicole4ray
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! My baby was 8 lbs at birth and 12 lbs 13 oz at 2 months. I'm proud of my milk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM
It is an awesome feeling. It's hard to know if they are getting enough. But dd was gaining before we left the hospital :) I don't know why I worry so much.

Quoting nicole4ray:

That's awesome! My baby was 8 lbs at birth and 12 lbs 13 oz at 2 months. I'm proud of my milk!

Demerise
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Yaaaay momma! :)

Goodness I'm trying to recall what dd was at her 1 month checkup. She was 8lb11oz at birth. And at 6 weeks she was 11lbs14oz.
SadieJames
by Sarah on May. 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM
2 moms liked this

It will even out : ) you're doing great! Just nurse on demand and expect a slow down in gain eventually. My 5 lb preemie is almost four months old and 14 lbs : )

Beenhereforever
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Don't worry about weight. You are doing great
TRS4
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:38 AM

these stories are gr8 to hear but the it makes me want to cry because I wish i knew what I was doing wrong. my daughter  7 weeks she just weighed in at 8# 10oz she was 8# 1oz when she was born

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM
This...if not soon, eventually, lol. My DS averaged a pound a week for the first 5 weeks and was 9lbs11oz at birth! At a year 30lbs, now at 20 months he's 29 lbs and super healthy, according to his pedi, as well as myself! ;-) WTG mama milk and mama!

Quoting SadieJames:

It will even out : ) you're doing great! Just nurse on demand and expect a slow down in gain eventually. My 5 lb preemie is almost four months old and 14 lbs : )

SarahNElijah
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM
My son was like that.. By 5 months he was 26 lbs.. Then at 2 years he was still 26 lbs.. LOL. :) He was my chunk! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:50 AM

breastfeedingBabies grow at the rate they are meant to when exclusively breastfed on demand. My hubby use to say that my milk grew good babies.

xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:00 AM
My son didn't get back to birth weight until 10 weeks. It was hard to deal with but he is gaining now since I cut out dairy.

Quoting TRS4:

these stories are gr8 to hear but the it makes me want to cry because I wish i knew what I was doing wrong. my daughter  7 weeks she just weighed in at 8# 10oz she was 8# 1oz when she was born

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)