Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is there such a thing??

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM
  • 9 Replies

As an 8 week growth spurt? We have had all of the normal ones already including 6 weeks, but the last two nights have been hell and Nathan is usually a great sleeper. He was up almost all night last night, eating, pooping, wanting to play. Please tell me this is just a growth spurt and not his normal pattern changing already! :-)

by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Yep. Babies have growth spurts based on their actual physical growth. Numbers are just common instances. Lots of babies go through 6 week, but mine went through it at 7 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Every other day is a "growth spurt" to my LO!  (Personally I don't see how ALL babies can be on the same growth schedule).

amc103
by Alli on May. 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM

That makes sense! Thank you! I was freaking out last night. I would rather have a baby who sleeps badly while they are young to grow into a great sleeper than the other way around! LOL! 

Quoting polkaspo

Yep. Babies have growth spurts based on their actual physical growth. Numbers are just common instances. Lots of babies go through 6 week, but mine went through it at 7 weeks.

amc103
by Alli on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

hahahahha! THis made me chuckle. :-) It really does make sense though...all babies are different. I have to remember that. :-) I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he goes back to sleeping at night in a few days! WHEW!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Every other day is a "growth spurt" to my LO!  (Personally I don't see how ALL babies can be on the same growth schedule).

polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel bad for saying this, but he might not go back to sleeping very well. Both my kids were excellent sleepers for the first two months and got worse for a while. Dd started again at around 2, and ds got better around 6 months when summer started and he was big enough for his sister to really play with him. She was only two when he was born and she is very prone to fits of anger when she doesn't get her way. I don't want to scare you though. All babies are different. I personally was and still am an excellent sleeper, while my sister was and still is terrible.

Quoting amc103:

That makes sense! Thank you! I was freaking out last night. I would rather have a baby who sleeps badly while they are young to grow into a great sleeper than the other way around! LOL! 

Quoting polkaspo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Alli on May. 2, 2013 at 2:41 AM

No worries! I totally know what you mean. I remember the same thing happening with my first at 3-4 months. That's why I was hoping it was just a growth spurt instead of his pattern starting to change. :-( I know it WILL change, when he starts to really become interested in the world around him more. I was just hoping i could have another month before it happened, hahahahahah! ;-) ;-)

Keep your fingers crossed for me! ;-) HUGS!

Quoting polkaspots:

I feel bad for saying this, but he might not go back to sleeping very well. Both my kids were excellent sleepers for the first two months and got worse for a while. Dd started again at around 2, and ds got better around 6 months when summer started and he was big enough for his sister to really play with him. She was only two when he was born and she is very prone to fits of anger when she doesn't get her way. I don't want to scare you though. All babies are different. I personally was and still am an excellent sleeper, while my sister was and still is terrible.

Quoting amc103:

Quoting polkaspo

polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I will definitely keep 'em crossed for you. Hopefully it is just a spurt and he goes back to normal.

Quoting amc103:

No worries! I totally know what you mean. I remember the same thing happening with my first at 3-4 months. That's why I was hoping it was just a growth spurt instead of his pattern starting to change. :-( I know it WILL change, when he starts to really become interested in the world around him more. I was just hoping i could have another month before it happened, hahahahahah! ;-) ;-)

Keep your fingers crossed for me! ;-) HUGS!

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting amc103:

Quoting polkaspo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Growth spurts can happen at any time, not just those that are always mentioned. They were weekly for my second for the first few months. That's why I call the first months constant growth spurt mode.
Sleep patterns change many times due to growth spurts, teething, new milestones, separation anxiety, and many other things. You can't compare one baby to any others because it can be different every time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Alli on May. 3, 2013 at 3:37 AM

WOW! Weekly! Holy moly! You are super momma! LOL! Yeah, you're totally right..I keep comparing Nathan to Victor and I have to STOP it! LOL! You know what happened? After two sleepless nights, Nathan slept through the night last night! I got 6 hours of straight sleep for the first time since his first day home, when he did the same thing! Not sure what that means...probably just a fluke, but a damn good fluke! :-) :-) Thank you so much for the information. :-)

Quoting aehanrahan:

Growth spurts can happen at any time, not just those that are always mentioned. They were weekly for my second for the first few months. That's why I call the first months constant growth spurt mode.
Sleep patterns change many times due to growth spurts, teething, new milestones, separation anxiety, and many other things. You can't compare one baby to any others because it can be different every time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)