Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Wish I could figure this out

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
So last week I had to go to the ER due to having mastitis. I had the fever chills body aches just felt awful. I got some antibiotics and went home to try and rest etc. So far I have taken my meds on a regular basis I ended up with thrush and had to get meds for that......well starting yesterday I have been feeling like I was punched in the stomach. It got worse as the night progressed. I tossed and turned there was just no sleeping. I called the on call doc and she said it is probably from the antibiotics and to stop taking them since I have only 2 days left but to still take the other pill for the thrush and to eat yogurt with live cultures. I just feel like crap. My brothers weeding is this weekend then Im moving to Oregon...taking a train because it's what's the easiest and less stressful. Could something else be wrong?? What am I doing wrong if anything or what can I be doing better? When should I feel better? Ugh I'm just so ready to feel good again!
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on May. 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM
is baby being treated for thrush also?
Alybaby25
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM
The meds they gave me she said would get a little into my milk and cure if she does have it but she hasn't shown signs of having it yet and it has been since Monday
Analugojana
by Christine on May. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM

What do you mean by "punched in the stomach"? Stoach ache, low energy?

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
Alybaby25
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Yes it's just this awful stomach ache.....I have very low energy most likely due to lack of sleep and now that I have stopped the antibiotics my body feels achy and my boobs are starting to hurt again.
Analugojana
by Christine on May. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Ok. It's good you stopped the meds. Take an antiacid and eat bananas, steamed veggies, biscuits, anthing that coats the stomach. It will pass soon.

For the breasts- take a hot shower and massage the breasts, nurse, nurse, nurse and then cold compresses. Lecitin granules help recurrent plugged ducts. Try to have the baby empty the breasts thorougly and massage the sore areas while he's feeding.

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
Alybaby25
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I called my doc and she is prescribing me a different antibiotic because all the same feelings of mastitis is coming back since stopping the meds this morning.....she also said to take an antacid to help with the stomach ache but she also said it might be a virus. If I don't start to feel better by Saturday then to call back. Hopefully this works and thank u thank u thank u for ur advice!!!!!
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM
This is not true. The baby's mouth needs to be treated also or you'll keep passing it back and forth.

Quoting Alybaby25:

The meds they gave me she said would get a little into my milk and cure if she does have it but she hasn't shown signs of having it yet and it has been since Monday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncoates04
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Also take a probiotic...its over the counter it helps clean the digestiv system can minimize/eliminate thrush....will also help with the belly ache...you can get them at almost every pharmacy...even walmart...I would probably hold on the antacid but that's just my opinion/preference
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommathea
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Since this hasn't been mentioned, Do not take the pro-biotic within 2hrs of your antibiotic.  2hrs before and 2hrs after. The probiotic will not allow the antibiotic to work the way it is supposed too.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)