Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Bra help from busty ladies? Edited.

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

C?&P from facebook, lol.

Hey Mama's
I'm going to finally be able to buy a bra for me. I need to keep it cheap.... just not cheaply made. I'm unsure of what to buy. I know I wear a 38 J/JJ. I need nursing bras, but I need them underwire. I haven't been able to wear a non-wire bra since the 8th grade, when I still had C cups... Anything else either leaves me sagging and VERY uncomfortable. 
No granny boobs... I love my grandma, but I do not want to look like her. Many reviews talk about granny or madonna boobs. lol.
Comfort is a must. The underwire, and just fabric in general, cannot be high in the armpit. I might be fat, but that high in the pit stuff drives me nuts, and ends up chaffing me. 

I'm just not sure where to order from. We don't have specialty shops, as I live in BFE with more BFE around me. lol. I want to hear what other people have ordered, who have ginormous racks and are totally unproprotionate (sp) to their body.

>.< Just ordered from Breakoutbras.com, three bras, with intention to possibly send the least liked one back. Thank you, ladies, for the help and suggestions. It's so hard ordering bras! I was hoping to get at least one 'sexier' bra... but screw it. I need functionality! LOL. 

by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ForeverInLove
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM

bumping from last night :)

KelleyLitty
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I have a similar problem. I have 36 G's and have not found a single nursing bra that makes me feel pretty. I have plenty if bravado tanks that fit great and are really supportive but I look so frumpy and uniboobish. I can't afford too many expensive bras either so I am curious what people suggest for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Bravado would probably work well for you but I know that they aren't cheap.

TRS4
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM

i am having same problem looking for support i wear an h kinda know what your going through

i was looking at getting bras from http://www.Lindasonline.com

ForeverInLove
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Quoting K8wizzo:

I haven't seen any on any of the sites I've come across. Do you know where I find them?

audmom1218
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I buy my non-nursing bras at lane Bryant (36h). They are amazing. I was trying to wear a 38dd at Vickie's and couldn't stand how the band moved around and I thought that's just how bras were supposed to fit. (I mean they measured me right? Lol) but now I love these new bras. I got a good sale and paid 28/each.
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/maternity-and-nursing-bras-and-tank

You can shop by cup size.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting K8wizzo:

I haven't seen any on any of the sites I've come across. Do you know where I find them?

ForeverInLove
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I found it, but they dont' have my size :( Thank you though... They have a 36 in a J cup, but not the 38, lol

Quoting K8wizzo:

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/maternity-and-nursing-bras-and-tank

You can shop by cup size.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting K8wizzo:

catholicmamamia
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My size is 38H.. I love Medela, Bravado, and Leading Lady. For j/k cups you should look at http://www.breakoutbras.com/,  especially Melinda G nursing bras.. :o)  *PIOG*

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

shelley11709
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Barenecessities.com

I was a 34 H at my biggest, it is a pain in the ass for me to find bras because of being narrow with big hooters. They have all kinds of sizes and even European/British sizes (I've always been able to find bras that fit in euro sizes). And the site is always having sales!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)