Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Good and affordable nursing wears please.

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:46 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hello ladies!

I am totally new here.I gave birth to my 1st child 2 weeks back.And i hate getting out because i dont know what to wear.My pregnancy wears are becoming looser with time.And i have embarrassing leaking issues! I need to carry a shawl with whatever i wear.Please suggest me where can i get to buy good nursing wears .Online shopping is perfect.Oh,affordable is another word i would like to specify here.But please do not suggest thrift stores or second hand wears.Your help would be a blessing!

by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 3, 2013 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Target and Walmart have nursing tanks that you can wear under any shirt to help with discrete nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I like to wear nursing tanks under regular shirts. 

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:30 AM

You can wear nursing pads in your bras or tank tops to help with the leaking. 

amc103
by Alli on May. 3, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Look up the two shirt method on youtube. That's how I learned to nurse in public and what to wear. 

kona211
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Two shirt method!! You can combine any regular shirt with a nursing or regular tank. I never wore a bra and just put the breast pads right on the tank to prevent leaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on May. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Nursing tanks from target and regular shirts. Never bought special nursing shirts in he 2+ yrs I nursed my son and won't need to his time either

BabyFruit Ticker

TRS4
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM

go to http://www.lli.org 

i also do the 2 shirt method 

K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I always wore nursing tanks under my regular shirts--flap down, shirt up, baby on and no one is the wiser.

For the leaking, nursing pads will help quite a bit.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I bought my nursing tanks at Walmart for 13.00 a piece. Target also has nursing tanks but they were 30.00 a piece. I've seen some nursing shirts at Burlington Coat Factory & Motherhood Maternity.

HunnyBabie
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM

The absolute best nursing bras I used were actually Hanes (or Fruit of the Loom, don't remeber) sport style bras.  They're soft, stretchy, supportive; and cheap to replace when either you wear them out or they don't fit.  I'm pretty busty for my size and they worked great (I was a 38DD last time I nursed, started out as a 32B when I got married).  That's what I suggest.  Oh, and nursing pads; I used Lan...???somebody's for my first three, I don't remember them having adhesive on the back, but I used Johnson's for my last one and they have a little sticky tab on the back, so they stay put; it took a little doing, but I figured out how to position them such that they caught my leakage both right after a feeding and when I was full or engorged.  Also, I had some Gerber reusable ones from a friend (I wanted to give them a try; I would make sure to have disposables on hand for backup/ NIP until you pin down how many you need/want to use for your nursing and laundry schedule).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)