Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

This is what my breast pad looks like:(

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

We're still battling biting!!!! She doesn't get it when I take her off and say no. I have had some success anticipating when she going to bite, and we will go a week with no biting, but she always gets me somehow eventually. I do my best not to react because she laughs at that. Any other suggestions? Someone irl suggested a shield, but at 9 months I doubt shed even take to a shield.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moroccanmommy
by Robin on May. 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Hugs.... Sorry thats happening. My dd( almoat 20 mo)only accidently scrapped my nips a few times. No advice except a hug
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on May. 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Have you read WHEN BABIES ATTACK by Gina in the stickies?
Mommy2CXh
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Hugs my two year old has bit me once and that was when he got his first tooth Nd was trying it out.

When you take her off do you put her down and walk away? Or just say no and continue to nurse?
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I put her down and walk away. She will scream and scream, but do it again as soon as I try to nurse again.

Quoting Mommy2CXh:

Hugs my two year old has bit me once and that was when he got his first tooth Nd was trying it out.

When you take her off do you put her down and walk away? Or just say no and continue to nurse?

eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Yes, I do it all, it's reduced the biting, but not stopped it.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on May. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Hmmmm. Possibly have a reaction.... say owww! Loudly when it happens. It may scare her into not biting. Kellymom does warn that this may cause a nursing strike though.

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Yes, I do it all, it's reduced the biting, but not stopped it.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

twogirl91
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM

When I'm in pain I yell loud, not on purpose it just happens. Scared the crap out of both my boys but not enough to stop them from biting again, I flicked them lightly in the cheek when they did it and said in a low firm voice "No biting". I'm sure someone is probably going to think it's abuse, but it's not. It didn't even leave a red mark and they barely cried, it more surprised them than anything and after the first two times of doing that with my older son he never bit me again, my second son continue for a week and hasn't since then. I tried the whole taking them off the boob, but it just didn't work.

MalakbelLacuna
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Abigail has a tooth that is right under the surface. She is a gentle murder so I hope we don't have this issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2CXh
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Poor mama I wish I had advice. Ds caught on real quick hopefully it will click soon for her :(

Quoting eagerforbaby:

I put her down and walk away. She will scream and scream, but do it again as soon as I try to nurse again.

Quoting Mommy2CXh:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM
My second took longer to get that biting = no nursing, but I was consistent and he finally did. (((HUGS))) I hope she gets it soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN