Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

kind of a hard topic.

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 21 Replies

so i didnt breastfeed my first due to lack of knowledge. my second i breastfed for a month but it started feeling weird. i feel like a sicko saying this but it kind of felt sexual and it made me freak out so i weaned her off. it was only at night or when i didnt have anything else distracting me that it felt like that though. this time around i want to go for at least 6 months but im so scared of that feeling again. someone please tell me im not crazy for this? also if you expierenced it what did you do to get over it?

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never experienced that.
soulofsunmama
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM
It's food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM
7 moms liked this

You are not crazy.  There are a lot of nerve ending in your nipple area and stimulation of them can feel good.  That stimulation can be a partner or a baby.  

Try to distract yourself.  Play on a computer, watch TV, read a cookbook etc.  think nurturing mommy thoughts.  

Also know that nursing releases Oxytocin, the love hormone.  It's the same hormone released when you orgasm.  Biologically nursing is supposed to feel good so we do it!

soulofsunmama
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Well said!

Quoting SadieJames:

You are not crazy.  There are a lot of nerve ending in your nipple area and stimulation of them can feel good.  That stimulation can be a partner or a baby.  

Try to distract yourself.  Play on a computer, watch TV, read a cookbook etc.  think nurturing mommy thoughts.  

Also know that nursing releases Oxytocin, the love hormone.  It's the same hormone released when you orgasm.  Biologically nursing is supposed to feel good so we do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rlk121909
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

thank you :) i tried with my second to distract myself and tell myself its my child i shouldnt feel it but it didnt stop so i had to. i was also thinking about pumping at night but i know itd take a while for my supply to be high enough to do that. even at a month with dd2 i was only getting an ounce when i pumped

Quoting SadieJames:

SadieJames
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM

If you get to that point then cross that bridge : )

I'm also thinking maybe a nipple shield (again, if and only if you feel the same) but some of the more experienced ladies can chime in on that.

i met a woman in LLL with the same issue.  What helped her was thinking of the physical things her breast was doing - like, my mammary glands are taking vitamins, nutrients and water out of my blood etc.  She tried to think of clinically what her body was doing.

Normal pump output, at anytime, is .05-2 oz both breast combined.  You were great and didnt even know it : )

Quoting rlk121909:

thank you :) i tried with my second to distract myself and tell myself its my child i shouldnt feel it but it didnt stop so i had to. i was also thinking about pumping at night but i know itd take a while for my supply to be high enough to do that. even at a month with dd2 i was only getting an ounce when i pumped

Quoting SadieJames:

rlk121909
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM

jeez i thought that was bad lol. i still dont know alot about breastfeeding. but i will look into the nipple shield. one thing that i think made it worse was she had a bad latch for the first 2 weeks and the nipple was cracking and hurting really bad so after her latch was fixed my nipples were extra sensitive. thank you though its nice to not feel crazy or bad for this :)

Quoting SadieJames:

I'm also thinking maybe a nipple shield (again, if and only if you feel the same) but some of the more experienced ladies can chime in on that.

i met a woman in LLL with the same issue.  What helped her was thinking of the physical things her breast was doing - like, my mammary glands are taking vitamins, nutrients and water out of my blood etc.  She tried to think of clinically what her body was doing.

Normal pump output, at anytime, is .05-2 oz both breast combined.  You were great and didnt even know it : )

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting SadieJames:

SadieJames
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Here's your homework.

read "So That's What They're For" by Janet T-forgot the rest 

read "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" by LLLi

lurk in this group!

again, I'm not sure about the shield.  Some of the more veteran mamas will know.

get a correct latch from the start!! My dd had a bad one (tongue tied) and I remember the relief of a good latch.  It's euphoric.

never ever feel bad or crazy! You're seeking advice and being a great mama to this baby already : )

Quoting rlk121909:

jeez i thought that was bad lol. i still dont know alot about breastfeeding. but i will look into the nipple shield. one thing that i think made it worse was she had a bad latch for the first 2 weeks and the nipple was cracking and hurting really bad so after her latch was fixed my nipples were extra sensitive. thank you though its nice to not feel crazy or bad for this :)

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting SadieJames:

rlk121909
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you for all the info. ill definitely read those. im trying to be as proactive about this baby since i really wasnt prepared for my first 2. i didnt really know anything about pregnancy or breastfeeding but this pregnancy ive educated myself on the best decisions for me and baby and feel really good about them

Quoting SadieJames:

Here's your homework.

read "So That's What They're For" by Janet T-forgot the rest 

read "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" by LLLi

lurk in this group!

again, I'm not sure about the shield.  Some of the more veteran mamas will know.

get a correct latch from the start!! My dd had a bad one (tongue tied) and I remember the relief of a good latch.  It's euphoric.

never ever feel bad or crazy! You're seeking advice and being a great mama to this baby already : )

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting rlk121909:

Quoting SadieJames:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 5, 2013 at 2:32 AM
You've been given great advice. Read and learn everything that you can. Come here and ask anything and everything that comes to mind. We will help you however we can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN