Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing in a wrap - help!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have a Moby wrap and Ergo carrier (my almost 4 week old son is still too small for it) so I'm stuck using the wrap for now. How in the hell do some of you ladies nurse in them? I can't figure it out and it's so frustrating! :-(

Any tips or tricks I can use? Feel free to post pictures of you nursing your little one as well!
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Took me forever to figure it out for me! I am large up top (36F). What worked for me personally was to ditch the nursing bra and get a good fitting fashion bra. I wear balcony cut ones. Then I adjust lo down a bit and pull the boob out the top. The bra supports my breast and its up high enough that lo can latch easily.

Not 100% that that would work with a bitty bitty but I figured it out when lo was about 3 months.
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I used the "hug hold".  I loosened up a tad to let baby drop down just a bit to be at boob level, nursed, and then tightened up again.

JadeTigr7
by Crystal on May. 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM

This.

Quoting K8wizzo:

I used the "hug hold".  I loosened up a tad to let baby drop down just a bit to be at boob level, nursed, and then tightened up again.

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

MalakbelLacuna
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM
YouTube lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aeroslove
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Never liked that stupid wrap. i didnt nurse my son in any wrap because at the time i couldnt find one i wanted or afford it. So when my lil one is born in Oct i will be using one of those Guatemalen wraps. I have to buy it off a lady i know. Supposebly a sling wrap is best to nurse if you cant buy those expensive $100 ones

Kadawn
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM

There is lots of youtube videos on how to :)

maliya0608
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I haven got down nursing in the moby either, I'd love to lol. Sounds like YouTube is the best bet.
reneer1
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
This, I just finally got it to work this weekend by watching a video, so worth it!

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

YouTube lol

willsmoms
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I went to you tube. It helps but all I know is I do not like the moby wrap. I dont like that it is so stretchy. I feel like  she is falling. I have a mei tai that I love but I can not nurse her in. I also have another one that I like but I cannot nurse her in. I am thinking of getting a ring sling ( I had one with my last but did not love it.) I think I would like it better now and get more use since she is in a wrap of some kind every time we go out.

catholicmamamia
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Quoting K8wizzo: I used the "hug hold".  I loosened up a tad to let baby drop down just a bit to be at boob level, nursed, and then tightened up again.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN