Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What is okay to take.

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

So for the first time I have a child that wakes me up in the middle of the night to eat. I have three boys and one girl. Our older three were on super strict feeding schedules until they were 2 to 2.5 months old. But every other feeding for all three were a bottle of my milk with a calorie booster added. I litterally had to force them to wake up and by about 4 weeks I started spacing feedings out overnight since they didn't really want to wake up anyway. Now our youngest DS on the other hand has decided that their is something more important than sleeping and that is eating, because of this I have had a migraine for the past few days and I offically can no longer handle it. What can I take, and how much at a time (like do I have to take a half dose) and how much a day would be okay without affecting my 5 week old DS. On a side note DH works third shift (11p-7a) so his helping only comes in the morning for about an hour then from about 3:30p-ish on until bed time.  

We are a family of 6. We love God. We love the Bible and believe it is the living Word. We believe in Salvation through Grace by Faith is the only way to Heaven. We are pro-traditional family. We are pro-proper discipline. We are pro-life. We do not vax. We are for breastfeeding to 1, any thing after that using a cup or bottle even is fine. DS got my milk until I dried up with DD and DS2 at 5 months, DS1 was 20 months. We are pro-circumcision. You will not get a rise out of me. You ask my opinion I give it. I do not get in arguments over the internet about petty subjects such as the ones I have listed. Don't like it tough don't take my advice then.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Cosleep? Especially if your husband is gone at night... That's what saved me!

I believe some babies have higher metabolisms, and there is nothing you can do (healthily) to make them sleep longer without just letting their little bodies mature..
tbursac777
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:52 AM

cosleeping is a good idea! Caffeine?

the only thing i've evre taken is ibuprofen so idk

IrishIz
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Do you normally have migraines and take medication for them? If so what do you take?
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM

You may take Imitrex. No special precautions needed.

catholicmamamia
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Imitrex.. :o) 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM

This.  

Quoting IrishIz:

Do you normally have migraines and take medication for them? If so what do you take?

paramore-marie
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I've always just taken Tylenol and eat apples. Apples work wonders for headaches. My little bear eats quite a bit throughout the night as well. Co-sleeping saved my sanity. Cuz then I could just pull out my boob for him and we'd both end up falling back asleep while he nursed.
malexander2009
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Normally I don't have migraines. Usually just one or two tylenol nock out what ever headache I have. Thankfully I was able to get a little extra sleep last night and it's finally subsided.

Quoting IrishIz:

We are a family of 6. We love God. We love the Bible and believe it is the living Word. We believe in Salvation through Grace by Faith is the only way to Heaven. We are pro-traditional family. We are pro-proper discipline. We are pro-life. We do not vax. We are for breastfeeding to 1, any thing after that using a cup or bottle even is fine. DS got my milk until I dried up with DD and DS2 at 5 months, DS1 was 20 months. We are pro-circumcision. You will not get a rise out of me. You ask my opinion I give it. I do not get in arguments over the internet about petty subjects such as the ones I have listed. Don't like it tough don't take my advice then.
CafeMom Tickers
malexander2009
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I did try to co-sleep. We have a waterbed and it takes more time to strip the bed clean it off and remake the bed then getting up twice to three times a night to feed and pump. Aaron dribbles alot while he eats it's not the most comfortable thing to wake up drenched in milk.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I believe some babies have higher metabolisms, and there is nothing you can do (healthily) to make them sleep longer without just letting their little bodies mature..

CafeMom Tickers
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM
The first few months, I put a towel on my side of the bed... :) ... much easier to strip the towel than the bed!

Quoting malexander2009:

I did try to co-sleep. We have a waterbed and it takes more time to strip the bed clean it off and remake the bed then getting up twice to three times a night to feed and pump. Aaron dribbles alot while he eats it's not the most comfortable thing to wake up drenched in milk.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)