Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HELP STOPPED EATING!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:48 AM
  • 10 Replies
i came home with darren around noon yesturday he was eating fine there but only one feeding since coming home. i dont know what to do hes fussy but wont latch and wont take expressed either. i had my tubal and im on meds for pain but will stop if that could be why he wont eat. he doesnt have a fever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tbursac777
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM

meds could be.. but i doubt it. is he overly sleepy?

could you try getting in the shower with him? just calm down and keep trying! If you get all worked up, he'll feel that! He'll latch. just be patient!

momofjrjd
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:02 AM
he is overly tired they said the meds would cause that hes been sleeping then gets huingry wakes up and wont latch on and cries for hours til i can get him to go back to sleep. his father keeps coming in the room saying he just doesnt like your milk or your making him sick or just give him a bottle which ive tried he wont suck on my finger anymore either and im just wanting his father to shut up and quit making me angry so i can concentrate on baby and im so angry at him now i cant stop crying either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tbursac777
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM

he latched ok in the hospital?

can you call the hospital and ask a LC? or see if you can go see one? can you try expressing and spilling some in his mouth?

Quoting momofjrjd:

he is overly tired they said the meds would cause that hes been sleeping then gets huingry wakes up and wont latch on and cries for hours til i can get him to go back to sleep. his father keeps coming in the room saying he just doesnt like your milk or your making him sick or just give him a bottle which ive tried he wont suck on my finger anymore either and im just wanting his father to shut up and quit making me angry so i can concentrate on baby and im so angry at him now i cant stop crying either

momofjrjd
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
im gonna see a lc later today and try to manage pain with just the tylenol cuz i need rest he needs rest and he needs to eat. i try to express and see if tasting it gets him more interested in latching on but he grimaces. i think maybe rthe meds are giving my milk a bittter taste im gonna ask dr how long they stay in system and what i can do in meantime to get him to settle. thanks alot just needed a nonjudgemental support to talk through this with i wont be getting that from dad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

How's the dipe count? And what's your milk flow like? The most common reason for a newborn to refuse the breast is that mom's flow is too fast for baby. It's like getting waterboarded! Look up the fast letdown info on kellymom.com.

My son refused the breast for two solid weeks because of fast letdown. I learned to let down in a towel first and to nurse in a reclined position... lean back and put baby on TOP, mouth over the breast. Gravity slows the milk. Or lie down with baby. Side lying helps as well. Above all, no positioning where baby's mouth is under the breast.

Mommyzlovez
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM

http://kellymom.com/

Just went on there...LOTS of helpful information...just keep calm and know that  it will all work out, he is learning just as you are and for some it takes some time. Nicely tell your hubby to please leave you be and let you handle this. If that dosent work call your mom or his and have them hold him at bay lol. But smile and breath and go outside, that helps change or secnery and such. Between the LC's and Kellymom.com andall of us here  this will get figured out. <3 Praying my dear." Dear Lord, you see this precious mother and child. You made her body, designed her for him. Give her peace and rest and give him what he needs to feed and grow and rest...go now sweet Lord and wrap your loving arms around them, In Jesus name wepray, Amen."

veganistic
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Good luck! I know what it's like to not get the support we desperately need from our SOs while BFing. I think it's hard for them when they can't help and they see that their child is in need. I'm having lots of issues too, and SO would really prefer to ff - he thinks  that we just give him a bottle and then everybodys happy... 

Quoting momofjrjd:

im gonna see a lc later today and try to manage pain with just the tylenol cuz i need rest he needs rest and he needs to eat. i try to express and see if tasting it gets him more interested in latching on but he grimaces. i think maybe rthe meds are giving my milk a bittter taste im gonna ask dr how long they stay in system and what i can do in meantime to get him to settle. thanks alot just needed a nonjudgemental support to talk through this with i wont be getting that from dad

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

momofjrjd
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM
well dr said he has a tongue tag that should have been clipped at hospital even if i felt he was latching on ok i wasnt engorged yet which made it more difficult to latch once i was home and started getting milk so now hes been clipped and im continuing to offer the breast but hes still not really interested im going back in tomorrow to get him weighed and such so hopefully between dr and lc ill get him to keep trying and i told so that unless hes prepared to nod his head in agreement and be positive about feeding and my capabilities as a mom hes not allowed in the bedroom and get comfy with couch or floor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Good news!

Get skin to skin with baby on your chest and just keep him there so he can nurse at the very earliest cue.  Skin to skin time will increase his demand and desire to nurse.

Quoting momofjrjd:

well dr said he has a tongue tag that should have been clipped at hospital even if i felt he was latching on ok i wasnt engorged yet which made it more difficult to latch once i was home and started getting milk so now hes been clipped and im continuing to offer the breast but hes still not really interested im going back in tomorrow to get him weighed and such so hopefully between dr and lc ill get him to keep trying and i told so that unless hes prepared to nod his head in agreement and be positive about feeding and my capabilities as a mom hes not allowed in the bedroom and get comfy with couch or floor

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Glad the tie was cut! Keep offering try to stay relaxed and your doing great!
Did they check for a lip tie?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN