Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to wean... & separation anxiety question

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

I really want to wean my "virtual DS" ... aka my pump.. I don't want to pump anymore.. my pump respond has been diminish lately, I keep producing enough for my son's 3 bottles of 3oz ea, but it makes me feel like I don't produce enough. DS is 9 months old, so there are at least 4 months more of pumping, I hope I can build a stash for the 13th months so I can stop pumping by the end of July...

DS has been deeply affected by separation anxiety, he cries as soon as he sees me at daycare room's door and he will scream bloody murder when I left him in the play-mattes while I take all his stuff from the car to the apartment. He wants me with him all the time, if I try to go load laundry or fold old laundry he will scream non stop, I hate CIO so I go back to sit next to him, sometimes that helps but other he needs me to hold him. 

How do/did you handle this? How long this stage last for your LO? What else I can do to help him?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sikau
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Hi, I am afraid I'm not much help on the pumping question.  My daughter is 10 months and I only pump once a day to produce what she needs while I'm at work...gonna just keep at it for these last couple of months.  

But for the crying/separation anxiety, have you considered getting a carrier?  My daughter has gone through a couple of stages of wanting to be near me/held all the time and being able to just strap her on was a huge relief to both of us.  She gets the closeness she was craving and I get to be able to function around the house.  I use an Action Baby Carrier and absolutely love it.

turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Yes, I have consider it, I was looking for a maya wrap type this weekend but didn't find it where I thought they could be sold. I'll look to buy it online.

Thanks for your advice

Quoting sikau:

Hi, I am afraid I'm not much help on the pumping question.  My daughter is 10 months and I only pump once a day to produce what she needs while I'm at work...gonna just keep at it for these last couple of months.  

But for the crying/separation anxiety, have you considered getting a carrier?  My daughter has gone through a couple of stages of wanting to be near me/held all the time and being able to just strap her on was a huge relief to both of us.  She gets the closeness she was craving and I get to be able to function around the house.  I use an Action Baby Carrier and absolutely love it.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM
This is normal at this age and will pass. Definitely try a carrier. Is he doing any solids yet?
turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Yes he does get solids, but mostly at daycare, he takes 3 meals there, so at home I give him just if he asks for what I'm eating.. I'll keep looking for it, def we need one.
Quoting MusherMaggie:

This is normal at this age and will pass. Definitely try a carrier. Is he doing any solids yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)