Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what bottles?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 16 Replies
My 3 month old is ebf (yay!) but her daddy would really like to be able to give her a bottle every so often. The problem is we can't find one she likes! We've tried tomee tipee, medela, and the drop ins but she won't take any of them! I will usually take the other kids to the park around the corner and leave him and baby at home so there's no distractions but it just won't work and we end up wasting milk. Any ideas on what bottles to try? Or how to help her take a bottle?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amc103
by Alli on May. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM

we used breastflow in the begining and Dr. browns otherwise. Dr. Browns are the BOMB!!!! 

carranzasfaith
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I wish I knew, I've been trying to give my dd a bottle for a few weeks now but she is still fighting me, so far the only bottle she will even consider is the cheap parents choice but I've tried all the same as you.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on May. 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Some babies just don't like bottles. Just like some babies refuse pacifiers. Let him take over rocking her to sleep or lotion after bath time for now and at six months he can hold her in his lap and she can eat off his plate (if she's ready).
mamabear1111
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Does baby still nurse well when using dr browns bottles? This is the longest I've ebf so I dont want to ruin it but I also want daddy to be able to give her milk sometimes

Quoting amc103:

we used breastflow in the begining and Dr. browns otherwise. Dr. Browns are the BOMB!!!! 

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to pump for any of those missed feedings. Maybe see if Daddy would do tubby time, diaper changes, story time, nap time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM
We use advent. But DS has to be really hungry and I can't be within smelling distance of him.

But I would just let daddy do other things. He will eventually be able to eat solids and Daddy can help with that.
momalee40
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I use the mommy by lansinoh. Possibly find them at wal mart. I ordered mine from amazon.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Dr. brown's are among the best for BFed babies. I'm still nursing my 20 month old and he took Dr. Browns bottles at daycare, and went back and forth just fine!

But as previously mentioned, some EBF babies just won't take bottles and will wait it out until mom gets home, nothing wrong with that either. Baby will not starve herself, if your gone long enough and she's hungry, she will take the bottle.

Quoting mamabear1111:

Does baby still nurse well when using dr browns bottles? This is the longest I've ebf so I dont want to ruin it but I also want daddy to be able to give her milk sometimes

Quoting amc103:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Agreed!!!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

You need to pump for any of those missed feedings. Maybe see if Daddy would do tubby time, diaper changes, story time, nap time?

amc103
by Alli on May. 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Im EBF"ing my second son. My first I only BF for a month, and when we switched to formula, we used those. :-( Sorry, I cant answer that question. But breastflow are supposed to be more shaped like the breast. They have a special nipple. Check them out on google! :-)

Quoting mamabear1111:

Quoting amc103:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)