Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HERE WE GOOOO

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 51 Replies

So hopefully today will be the day Autumn gets her ULT and PTT clipped. we are getting ready to leave for a consult appt and receptionist told us clipping after consult appt is the same day!!!  Insurance doesn't cover the procedure so i'll probably just get PTT clipped and leave the ULT alone because i'm more worried about the PTT.  And i'm going to have to pay out of pocket but it's worth it. i told her i wlll make an appt when i get all the money upfront (they said all money due day of procedure) but she told me to just come in so hopefully i can make payment arrangements. every week til they are done i will pay them! i'm so excited. i will update after the appt. FX ladies!!!! hopefully today's the day and we dont have to do this anymore. doctors name is annette skowronski, she's in shelby twp MI. shes's a dentist and uses laser.. sooo nervous!!!

by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Good luck, let me know how it goes and abouth the cost....I'm desperate to get DSs ties taken care of as well!

I hope they will work something out with you, if they are good I may just have to come downstate and do it, nobody here will give me the time of day!
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Let us know how it goes.
IrishIz
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Find out how how much to do both. If you do one and need the other it will probably be more money in the long run. Good luck.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM
So we got the lip tie lasered. I was in tears when they did it. I was crying so hard. She said it was a lot to laser. She said she has a posterior tongue tie but she can lift her tongue to roof of her mouth and not restricted. She said of nursing continues to hurt, no improvement to come back and get the PTT lasered. So,much difference. Her lip goes outward. No more pain. Ill post picture later when get home.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM
My poor baby was screaming so bad. I feel like crappy mom putting her through that pain. Im thinking putting her under would be better option. So she she doesn't feel any pain.
IrishIz
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM
3 moms liked this
The risks of anesthesia are too much for that quick of a procedure. Also, the crying isn't just pain but a natural response to "restraint". You did the right thing. Don't doubt yourself!!!!!

Quoting mama-smurf:

My poor baby was screaming so bad. I feel like crappy mom putting her through that pain. Im thinking putting her under would be better option. So she she doesn't feel any pain.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I think 260 for ptt and lt. I forgot.. Her.site is www.dr-annette.com very knowledgeable.shes in Shelby twp

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Good luck, let me know how it goes and abouth the cost....I'm desperate to get DSs ties taken care of as well!

I hope they will work something out with you, if they are good I may just have to come downstate and do it, nobody here will give me the time of day!

mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Mobile Photo

catholicmamamia
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Quoting IrishIz: The risks of anesthesia are too much for that quick of a procedure. Also, the crying isn't just pain but a natural response to "restraint". You did the right thing. Don't doubt yourself!!!!!
Quoting mama-smurf: My poor baby was screaming so bad. I feel like crappy mom putting her through that pain. Im thinking putting her under would be better option. So she she doesn't feel any pain.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Yay, thats awesome!!!

Quoting mama-smurf:

So we got the lip tie lasered. I was in tears when they did it. I was crying so hard. She said it was a lot to laser. She said she has a posterior tongue tie but she can lift her tongue to roof of her mouth and not restricted. She said of nursing continues to hurt, no improvement to come back and get the PTT lasered. So,much difference. Her lip goes outward. No more pain. Ill post picture later when get home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN