Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want my boob to be a paci :(

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 22 Replies
My son will be 15 weeks old this Thursday . He's done great at breast feeding , only know he wants to be breast feed all the time . Even when nothing is coming out he just sucks on my breast. I tried to give him a paci and he doesn't like it . He likes to chew on his hands too.

I love breast feeding so much, but I really miss sleeping and I can't sleep good when he's sucking all night.. Is there anything else I can do?

Ill post a pic of how big he's getting ! He weighed almost 14 pounds at his last visit and his weight is in the high percentiles . I didn't see the other dr would told me to give formula . I saw my daughters new dr , she said I was doing great. He's also getting to big for me to carry in his pouch ! It kills my back
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juniebug11
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mommabearbergh
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Bumping for ya and he is super cute
juniebug11
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Thank you , everyone tells me oh you have the prettiest girls lol I'm like he's a boy!

But seriously , my nipples need a break!! And I need sleep

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Bumping for ya and he is super cute

polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Sorry. I know what you're going through. My son stopped taking the pacifier at around 8 months and sleeps attached to me for most of the night. I was doing fine with it until I got pregnant. I have no advice for you though. During the day time I use a wrap or crappy infantino carrier. He sits completely upright and nurses, I never could figure out how to get him in the cradle position.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniebug11
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Oh my goodness , this drives me crazy! I'm up almost half the time . He's starting to bite more too. He's so sweet though , I can't help but to let him lol

Quoting polkaspots:

Sorry. I know what you're going through. My son stopped taking the pacifier at around 8 months and sleeps attached to me for most of the night. I was doing fine with it until I got pregnant. I have no advice for you though. During the day time I use a wrap or crappy infantino carrier. He sits completely upright and nurses, I never could figure out how to get him in the cradle position.

SadieJames
by Sarah on May. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Omg that hair I love it!!! 

16 weeks (four months) is a major growth spurt.  I'm better the suckling is to bring in more milk.  This too shall pass. And then you'll miss it : )

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Do NOT let him bite, no matter how cute it is. You have to give him the no bite message now, before he draws blood. See the post "When Babies Attack."

I'm afraid there really isn't a cure for the current phase, though. Your breast is not a pacifier. The pacifer is a breast replacement device. Lots of babies never take them.

Sleep? You do know that's a violation of the Mommy Contract? **grin** Seriously, drop that which is not needed for survival. Thats how you get your down time.

juniebug11
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Thanks you ! I hope so , I know I'll miss it. Tonight I watched my labor video and cried and cried . I just thought oh I wish I could go back! An I the only woman who thinks giving birth Is seriously the best and most wonderful thing ever ? I love it ! Lol
Time flies , but I'm trying to enjoy it .... Even if my nipples feel rough like sand paper is being rubbed on them

Quoting SadieJames:

Omg that hair I love it!!! 

16 weeks (four months) is a major growth spurt.  I'm better the suckling is to bring in more milk.  This too shall pass. And then you'll miss it : )

juniebug11
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:15 AM
How do I not let him bite ? Ill look that up . It's so crazy , he just wants the boob all the time. Last night he latched on to my husbands nipple!! I told my husband , he might be back up ! Haha

Quoting gdiamante:

Do NOT let him bite, no matter how cute it is. You have to give him the no bite message now, before he draws blood. See the post "When Babies Attack."

I'm afraid there really isn't a cure for the current phase, though. Your breast is not a pacifier. The pacifer is a breast replacement device. Lots of babies never take them.

Sleep? You do know that's a violation of the Mommy Contract? **grin** Seriously, drop that which is not needed for survival. Thats how you get your down time.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Oh I don't like the biting. He started doing it before he got teeth, and I would stop nursing him and give him a teether to chew on. That worked until his teeth came in, then I just stopped nursing him. Now when he bites he gets a warning and then gets put in time out for a minute. Lots of people have given me grief over time out at such a young age, but he was doing it to be funny. The kid would laugh after I yelled at him. Now he never bites more than once. In my defense, he basically got 6 teeth in a month, so the biting was really painful. He has abnormally strong jaws and sharp teeth. He eats apples, not apple slices, apples. He chewed through one of his silicone teethers.

Quoting juniebug11:

Oh my goodness , this drives me crazy! I'm up almost half the time . He's starting to bite more too. He's so sweet though , I can't help but to let him lol

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)