Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nexplanon (implanon)

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 20 Replies
I've had the nexplanon for about 2 weeks now and I must say so far I like it. Although it does have some downsides such as breakouts I have never been one to have issues with pimples however I've noticed some and it's frustrating. However I also have yet to have a cycle and I've also not noticed any significant weight gain which is good. I haven't noticed a dip in supply. Any mamas use this implant birth control? Would love your input
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kings1queen
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:53 AM
I was gonna get it until i found out that the implanon is kin to the depo shot. I bled for 9 + months on that.
Kayla-Kay2
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Oh wow!!!! That is scary!!!! I will have to keep an eye out for that. So far I haven't had a cycle my obgyn said more than likely I wil not have a cycle while on the nexplanon simply because I am breastfeeding I chose the nexplanon because the obgyn said it was the safest route to take for breastfeeding so far everything is going smoothly....

Quoting 4kings1queen:

I was gonna get it until i found out that the implanon is kin to the depo shot. I bled for 9 + months on that.

maliya0608
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I haven't used it myself but I have a friend who was on it and said the hormonal side effects made her crazy. Not sure how much truth there is to it but it's enough to make me, personally, want to stay away from it.

I hope it works out for you though :)
Emadele
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I've had it since December. I'm happy with it. No supply issues. No breakouts. No weight gain (I'm actually about -30 from pre baby). I only had a cycle the first month and nothing since. I trust it completely. My husband on the other hand is still skittish and insists on condoms or p&p.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Emadele
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I haven't heard that its a kin to depo shot. But even if so it is reversible and if you have side effects you cannot handle it can be removed. Depo shot is non reversible and you just have to deal with any side effects till it dissipates in your system. I have heard of excessive bleeding on implanon and was warned against it because of that. But I had done 3mos with the mini pill with no issues. It's the same makeup and dosage as implanon. Just have to remember to take instead of mindless. :)

Quoting 4kings1queen:I was gonna get it until i found out that the implanon is kin to the depo shot. I bled for 9 + months on that.
Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I personally can not use any hormones but I am glad you arent having any issues

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I had a cycle the first month too and now nothing!!

My hubby is the opposite, he insists we are fine and I'm sitting her peeing on dollar store pregnancy test every two weeks!

This is month 2.

I had my period Easter and around the first of May I had period symptoms (cramps, acne, mood swings) but nothing every showed.

Quoting Emadele:

I've had it since December. I'm happy with it. No supply issues. No breakouts. No weight gain (I'm actually about -30 from pre baby). I only had a cycle the first month and nothing since. I trust it completely. My husband on the other hand is still skittish and insists on condoms or p&p.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I don't think that is correct

I believe the depo shot is two hormones where this is only one.

Quoting 4kings1queen:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM
No. Depo is the same. So is mirena.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

I don't think that is correct

I believe the depo shot is two hormones where this is only one.

Quoting 4kings1queen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM
It is the same hormone, just different delivery.

Quoting Emadele:

I haven't heard that its a kin to depo shot. But even if so it is reversible and if you have side effects you cannot handle it can be removed. Depo shot is non reversible and you just have to deal with any side effects till it dissipates in your system. I have heard of excessive bleeding on implanon and was warned against it because of that. But I had done 3mos with the mini pill with no issues. It's the same makeup and dosage as implanon. Just have to remember to take instead of mindless. :)

Quoting 4kings1queen:I was gonna get it until i found out that the implanon is kin to the depo shot. I bled for 9 + months on that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)